Afrika Bambaataa !!!!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Afrika Bambaataa !!!!!

nobody
10-29-2004, 03:49 PM
Stopped on my way home tonight to see John Waters, making an appearence at a local record store, saw the new Afrika Bambaataa and had to grab it.

Just now finishing up the first record of a two disc set, but so far this thing is fantastic. I was underwhelmed by the opening track, but the next one, a collaboration with Gary Numan called Metal, brought things up and it hasn't let up yet.

It sounds like a modernized version of his old sound. Driving heavy beats, trippy soundeffects, some decent guest vocalists, heavy synths, big, big beats. Bass freaks take note of this one. It's got that metallic, minimilist sound of his old stuff, but the production is elevated to a new level.

Funk fans, this is about the funkiest record I've heard in years. Take You Back has shout outs to James Brown, P-funk and more.

Zulu nation!

Even electro fans that don't usually get into hip hop may find something to like here. This ain't no 50 cent, that much is for sure.

Of course, all the hip kids will be more interested in the new wave of indie bands trying to get ya on the dance floor or the latest hip hop newcomers, but if you want the real deal, Bambaataa brings it.

Worf101
10-30-2004, 10:49 AM
Still making music. Thanks for the head's up. I for one will look for it..

Da Worfster :D

nobody
10-30-2004, 12:58 PM
Hey Worf, you still interested in that reggae comp? You mentioned you'd like one, and I mailed all the others out, but I don't have your address. I've got the comp in an envelop waiting to know where to go. If you still want it, just PM or email me your address and it will be on its way. If not, no biggie, just wondered.

Stone
11-15-2004, 06:12 PM
. . . if you want the real deal, Bambaataa brings it.

That's no sh<a>it</a>! I saw this in the used bin tonight, so I picked it up. Funky, danceable, and a lot of fun. I'm digging this a lot.