Cheap TV? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Cheap TV?

carracr625
10-29-2004, 01:05 PM
I'm looking for a inexpensive tv for a spare room. I'm not concerned w/ HD compatibility because I already have a HD bigscreen in the livingroom. I've been seeing alot of 32" tv's in the $300-$400 price range. My question is, is it a bad idea to spend my money on a non-HD compatible tv. Will these be pretty much obselete w/i the next few yrs?

PAT.P
10-29-2004, 07:22 PM
I'm looking for a inexpensive tv for a spare room. I'm not concerned w/ HD compatibility because I already have a HD bigscreen in the livingroom. I've been seeing alot of 32" tv's in the $300-$400 price range. My question is, is it a bad idea to spend my money on a non-HD compatible tv. Will these be pretty much obselete w/i the next few yrs?
ITS YOUR SPARE ROOM ! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY IF ITS NOT YOUR MAIN VIEWING AREA! YOU"LL NEVER BE ABLE TO KEEP UP WITH TECHNOLOGY ! PAT.P :D

sy_lu
10-29-2004, 11:53 PM
... I've been seeing alot of 32" tv's in the $300-$400 price range. My question is, is it a bad idea to spend my money on a non-HD compatible tv. Will these be pretty much obselete w/i the next few yrs?

You probably can find quite a few 32" in sub $300 range with component input no less (but not really HD). The whole HD programming is way behind schedule. Even when the day NTSC is finally gone for good, you can still hook up a converter box to your TV. Assuming of course, your "new" TV can live that long.

hershon
10-30-2004, 07:03 PM
Two months ago I bought my first HDTV- a 48" Mitsubishi & it was love at first sight. I now have trouble watching any TV on my non HD 27" Sony TV in my bedroom as I must have my HDTV! As a result, I just bought for $759 on sale at Citcuit City a Samsung 30" HD Ready TV that will be delivered next week and sold my 27" Sony for $125 on Ebay which was a good price considering it was 15 years old. The bottom line, if you truly appreciate HD broadcasts which as far as I'm concerned there are plenty available via cable- you'll want to have a second HD set so spend the extra bucks. Its like saying you can have a date with some average looking chick and spend $100 on entertainment or have a date with say a young Raquel Welch and spend $400, which would you rather do?