Denon AVR-3805 remote control problems. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Denon AVR-3805 remote control problems.

rajx7
10-29-2004, 07:08 AM
Hi All,
I recently purchased this nice awesome receiver. But lately I have been having this eird problem with my remote. This is the new blue faced universal remote. Sometimes my remote will stop responding to any key presses. Sometimes when I want to turn off the receiver the "Off" button would not respond. When I check none the buttons would respond. Like I won't be able to change the source to DVD , VCR or for that matter anything. The only way to make it work again is to remove the batteries and immediately replace it. In fact I have tried with fresh set of batteries,but still have the problem.

Just wanted to know if anyone of you out there had this problem and how what did you do rectify it.

Regards,
Raj

Jim Clark
10-29-2004, 02:21 PM
File this under the wild guess compartment. The remote for my Denon doesn't seem to respond when I push the button for the back light. After the light goes off, everythings seems to be hunky dory. Odds are about one in a trillion that this is the same thing going on with yours, I realize. I know of no reason to for this to occur and the solutions are 1-don't use the lighted function, and even better go back to the widely popular and extremely affordable Radio Shack 6-1 remote. Denon isn't really known for their stellar remotes. I guess we have 2 more reasons to explain this.

jc

rajx7
10-29-2004, 03:12 PM
File this under the wild guess compartment. The remote for my Denon doesn't seem to respond when I push the button for the back light. After the light goes off, everythings seems to be hunky dory. Odds are about one in a trillion that this is the same thing going on with yours, I realize. I know of no reason to for this to occur and the solutions are 1-don't use the lighted function, and even better go back to the widely popular and extremely affordable Radio Shack 6-1 remote. Denon isn't really known for their stellar remotes. I guess we have 2 more reasons to explain this.

jc

Thanks Jim for your suggestion. I will look into it.

Astro
11-07-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks Jim for your suggestion. I will look into it.
hey you havnt by any chance have floresent light in your room wwhere the denon is place do u? I had the exact same problem my tv and dvd player remotes. They both didnt respond sometimes. After about 2 days of trying to find the source of the problem i finely found it. I turned the light on and off, when the light got switched back on straight after the remotes stoped working. I turned the light off and they worked again. So after replacing the light with a non floresent, no prob wat so ever for about a month now. Problem solved.

If this dosnt help id take the remote to the store where you got it and try it on there denons (same as yours) if it does it on there's id say its the remote. If it dosnt ide say its the denon youve got or something interfeering with the beam ray for the remote.

Or you can just request a new remote and try that.

hope this helps

rajx7
11-07-2004, 06:34 PM
Hey Astro,
Thanks for your suggestion. I had contacted Denon with the problem . They have asked me to send the remote for replacement which I did. I haven't received the replacement yet. Waiting on it. But thanks for your opinion.
Regards,
Raj