Do you buy yourself Christmas presents? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Do you buy yourself Christmas presents?

Dave_G
12-12-2003, 11:35 AM
I usually do.

We get a small bonus check and I usually go buy 1 item for myself.

This year it's going to be the new Pallas dvd.

And I am eyeing a Rolling Stones dvd, used, for 10 bucks.

Dave

jasn
12-12-2003, 12:02 PM
I just got back from Cambridge Soundworks with a pair of their new design, mid-level outdoor speakers, normally priced at $250, that is on a one-week only 50% off sale and I used a $25 off coupon. Final price...$100!

Ho.Ho.Ho...I'll be air-guitaring out at the pool this summer...

ForeverAutumn
12-12-2003, 12:08 PM
I usually do.

Dave

Do you wrap them up, put a little gift tag from yourself to yourself on them, and then put them under the tree?

How do manage to act excited when you open one?

Do you reciprocate? If Dave buys Dave a gift, does that mean that Dave has to buy Dave a gift too?

Hehehe. Actually it's not a bad idea. At least you know that you'll get at least one gift that you actually want/like. :D

JSE
12-12-2003, 01:04 PM
Hell Yes!

I just bought a Yamaha RX-V1400. It will be here next week but my wife said I am wrapping it and putting it under the tree with everything else until Christmas. Plain evil! Just plain evil!

JSE

tentoze
12-12-2003, 01:04 PM
I usually do.

Dave

I don't usually, but this year I made an exception, and ordered a tube preamp- now if the slow boat from Hong Kong will get here before the 25th, I think I'll be mucho HAPPY.............

:p

JSE
12-12-2003, 01:22 PM
Dave G.,

Don't feel bad. You have no idea what I had to go through to get my wife to agree to the receiver. Translation? Just ordered the wife a iPod today. $400 smakeroos for that little piece of plastic. Dang thing better work!

JSE

jasn
12-12-2003, 01:22 PM
11 shopping days left Dave....

(D'oh! time stamp error!)

Dave_G
12-12-2003, 01:27 PM
Dang!

Ya'll get new gear and all I get is a lousy DVD! :EEK:!

Dave

JSE
12-12-2003, 01:29 PM
How the hell did my post go in before Dave G's last post? I was responding to his.

Mr MidFi
12-12-2003, 01:59 PM
All year long, I do. My latest was the Rolling Stones 4 Flicks DVD set. Not bad...

Jim Clark
12-12-2003, 02:25 PM
Nah, but I picked out my own present, a Pioneer DVR 106 burner and even found the best deal. All this just to make things easier on my wife. I am such a nice guy.

I rat-holed some money to buy the stuff to build the AR DIY speakers and I finally have enough to cover it. The timing is just a coincidence and I'll probably wait to order the parts until after the Holidays.

Regards,
jc

DarrenH
12-12-2003, 03:21 PM
Yep, bought myself some CD's this year.

Just placed the order two days ago.

There'll be progtide tunes playing in about a week.

Darren

tugmcmartin
12-15-2003, 08:09 AM
Last year was the first time i ever bought myself anything. I got absolutely ZERO things last year from my wife and her family that were on my rather simple list (a couple CDs and DVDs and a couple of shirts were all i wanted and got nada) and instead got a bunch of crap i didn't want (socks, underwear,etc). I was so pissed i went out the next day and bought myself an Xbox with my Christmas bonus. That in turn pissed my wife off, but i didn't care. I was determined to get at least one thing that i'd enjoy. Does that make me selfish?

T-

JDaniel
12-15-2003, 10:13 AM
Do you buy yourself Christmas presents? (http://forums.audioreview.com/showthread.php?postid=4952#post4952)

Yep. All year long.

Tis better to ask forgiveness than permission.

JD

Finch Platte
12-15-2003, 10:24 AM
I don't remember reading any reviews on your Mystery Disc- wah happened?

I got one (thank you), but it annoys me so much, I can't listen to it more than once to review it. :D

Does that make me a bad person? Sorry...

Did you get any responses?

fp

Jim Clark
12-15-2003, 10:25 AM
Does that make me selfish?

T-

Nope, that's freaking awesome!

jc

Finch Platte
12-15-2003, 10:30 AM
Last year was the first time i ever bought myself anything. I got absolutely ZERO things last year from my wife and her family that were on my rather simple list (a couple CDs and DVDs and a couple of shirts were all i wanted and got nada) and instead got a bunch of crap i didn't want (socks, underwear,etc). I was so pissed i went out the next day and bought myself an Xbox with my Christmas bonus. That in turn pissed my wife off, but i didn't care. I was determined to get at least one thing that i'd enjoy. Does that make me selfish?

T-

If I got undies, I'd be pissed, too. Make no apologies.

fp