Ack!! Two months to go and I only have 5:15 left on my year-end comp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Ack!! Two months to go and I only have 5:15 left on my year-end comp

Slosh
10-29-2004, 05:27 AM
Man, I've been so pressed for time lately. Between twelve hour days at work for the last eight months and the daily trials and tribulations of my personal life I just haven't been able to get to any new comps. Well, there's that but also I feel my comps have become too predictable so I figure why bother? Maybe I should start listening to completely different genres of music to keep things interesting for myself . . . . :rolleyes: But . . . I have been earmarking songs whenever I get new releases and last night burned a rough-draft R/W copy of my 2004 comp just to see how well these songs flow together and damn it's good! :)

Since I only have fifteen 2004 releases I doubled up on some bands. The good news is I still have two months to go so I'm sure a couple or three new albums of interest to me will be released in that time. The bad news is there's nothing here I want to cut :(

Not that anyone cares but here's the tracklist as of 10/29/04:

1. Nourishment Nation - ROGUE WAVE
2. Fortress - PINBACK
3. Anne - CLINIC
4. Unintentional Tape Manipulations - EARLIMART
5. Chief Inspector Blancheflower - THE FIERY FURNACES
6. The View - MODEST MOUSE
7. This Man Will Not Hang - McLUSKY
8. Blood And Thunder - MASTODON
9. Hold On To Your Genre - LES SAVY FAV
10. Neighborhood #3 (Power Out) - THE ARCADE FIRE
11. Sender - PINBACK
12. Bluebird - JIM WHITE
13. Hummingbird - WILCO
14. Tell The Truth - EARLIMART
15. Be Kind + Remind - ROGUE WAVE
16. Then Go On - OLD CANES
17. Made From Dirt - CHRIS WHITLEY
18. A Classico Reprise - GIANT SAND

Total Time = 74:44:31

NP: what do you think? ;)

Davey
10-29-2004, 08:28 AM
Boy, and people thought <i>I</i> was bad for announcing my Turkey Time year-ender while still waiting for December! Now I feel like a procrastinator.

Silly Sloshy ;)

Didn't I already put a dibs on Neighborhood #3 (Power Out)? No? Hehehe, not sure if I'll do one this year or not since I already comped a lot of my faves. Looks like yours is shaping up well. I only count 7 albums on it that I have so far.

mad rhetorik
10-29-2004, 08:50 AM
Well, I guess that leaves out Meshuggah's "I". 20-odd minutes of grinding technical metal, with all the creepy dynamics, downtuned riff<a>age, insane solos, and wacky time signatures you could ask for.

Looks nice so far, anyway. You've got my addy--mind if I place a request?

tentoze
10-29-2004, 08:54 AM
I think everyone should be as forthcoming as Slosh so I can get a head-start stealing toons for my year-ender..............

:rolleyes: :p

Slosh
10-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Looks nice so far, anyway. You've got my addy--mind if I place a request?

No problem, just don't expect it until late December.

I still love metal but am not finding much that grabs me anymore. I had a bit of a challenge working that Mastodon tune in there but I think it flows just fine, all things considered.

Slosh
10-29-2004, 09:09 AM
I think everyone should be as forthcoming as Slosh so I can get a head-start stealing toons for my year-ender..............

:rolleyes: :p

I knew I posted this for a reason ;) (and so Davey wouldn't steal my Arcade Fire pick :rolleyes: )

Dusty Chalk
10-30-2004, 07:47 AM
Perhaps you could delete one of the two Rogue Wave tracks...

Slosh
10-30-2004, 12:07 PM
Perhaps you could delete one of the two Rogue Wave tracks...

can't

audiobill
10-30-2004, 01:52 PM
Wilco's "hummingbird" is now gone.

I'll have to work some other ghostly track for mine.

Looks very good, Sloshmeister.

Hell is chrome,
audiobill