OK, which is a better setup guide [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : OK, which is a better setup guide

ryjam282
10-29-2004, 04:29 AM
Avia, Digital Video Essentials, or Sound & Vision Home Theater Tune-Up ?

I have a 57" Hitachi Widescreen HD Ready and a Yamaha HTR-5790 7.1 surround sound unit. I have all 7 of the speakers set up and I was wondering what everyone here thinks....If you had a similar setup to me or even if not, and you had to pick one of the setup disc's above WHICH WOULD IT BE? Help me make my decision please.

Ryan

kexodusc
10-29-2004, 04:38 AM
For the audio, let the receiver's YPAO take charge and do it all for you...
For the video...well, I suppose any is good enough...I haven't heard many that were exactly thrilled with the video stuff on these...I only have a 32" TV and Avia didn't help me much.

skewiff
10-29-2004, 04:39 AM
I have an Hitachi too, I had it calibrated on Tues. and the tech used the Avia(which i also have), the picture loks excellent.

Hope this is helpful.

Tony

ryjam282
10-29-2004, 04:40 AM
I love the YPAO and I am moving soon so I can't wait to get it all setup in the new house but I want to make sure the picture is as good as it could be yano. Right now, I am leaning towards the Video Essentials disc but I wanted to see what everyone else has to say, thanks for the comments.

kpzbee
10-29-2004, 05:11 AM
As suggusted before on here, I used the THX setup that some movie disc's have(my TII extreme dvd has it). It walks you right through it. When I got the set, I adjusted brightness, contrast, etc by my taste & surprisingly, it was real close to what the setup showed.