Recommendations for Small Footprint/Big Sound [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for Small Footprint/Big Sound

RedEye2003
10-27-2004, 08:18 AM
Dilemma.

I love the Def Tech Power Towers. Got my eye on some bp2006tls that I can pick up for <$300 each. Main selling points are the full sound and the dual-integrated subs.

I am transitioning from my rear-projection to plasma, however, and I like the "off the floor" possibilities that come with it...so my new preference would be for wall-mount speakers. But I don't want to give up the sound...

Any experience or recommendation? Is this an impossible dream?

Thanks!

PAT.P
10-27-2004, 10:05 AM
Dilemma.

I love the Def Tech Power Towers. Got my eye on some bp2006tls that I can pick up for <$300 each. Main selling points are the full sound and the dual-integrated subs.

I am transitioning from my rear-projection to plasma, however, and I like the "off the floor" possibilities that come with it...so my new preference would be for wall-mount speakers. But I don't want to give up the sound...

Any experience or recommendation? Is this an impossible dream?

Thanks!
CHECK OUT THE PARADIGM ON WALL MONITOR 5 AND THEIR ON WALL CC370 .THE DAHLQUIST MAKES QX80 $450.EACH!PAT.P :)

chimera128
10-30-2004, 04:33 AM
Having a plasma will allow you to get all towers across the front!!!! Seriously though if you like the sound of the DefTechs you may want to look at the BP surround series and pair them with a good sub. This will allow you to move into a larger midrange initially and you can always buy the sub later. You can generally get DefTechs for 20% or more off brand new and around 30+% off if they are demos (depending on the speaker). There have been posts on here where Definitive Technology has backed up their products even when they were bought used (in case warranty is an issue with you). I would make sure you can return the speakers though incase they don't workout in your setting.