Some One Please Help Me!! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Some One Please Help Me!!

9secondsflat
10-27-2004, 06:06 AM
i am new to this sight and need your advice, i just spent 2000 for a panasonic 43 lcd tv, i purchased a sony hd tube 36 but returned it due to "zebra" type lines running diagonally thorugh my tv. best buy said that the tv was defective. my prior tv was a zenith 32 and i had no problems when hooked up though my reciever/surround sound. so i plopped down another 1k for the lcd, they told me that lcd tv's dont get interference. well when i turn on my reciever i get the same f*cken lines though the screen, the minute i turn off my reciever no problems. i have a 4 yr old onkyo reciever ( i dont know the model number, it was purchased through "onecall" about 600.00 i also have a jvc vcr- same place about 400.00 than, atlantic tech 251 surround sound. all my cables are monster or similar. i need your advice and help as to what my problem is......
thanks in advance
barry

TinHere
10-27-2004, 07:11 AM
i am new to this sight and need your advice, i just spent 2000 for a panasonic 43 lcd tv, i purchased a sony hd tube 36 but returned it due to "zebra" type lines running diagonally thorugh my tv. best buy said that the tv was defective. my prior tv was a zenith 32 and i had no problems when hooked up though my reciever/surround sound. so i plopped down another 1k for the lcd, they told me that lcd tv's dont get interference. well when i turn on my reciever i get the same f*cken lines though the screen, the minute i turn off my reciever no problems. i have a 4 yr old onkyo reciever ( i dont know the model number, it was purchased through "onecall" about 600.00 i also have a jvc vcr- same place about 400.00 than, atlantic tech 251 surround sound. all my cables are monster or similar. i need your advice and help as to what my problem is......
thanks in advance
barry

It's probably a ground loop issue. Any speaker hum?

Do you have cable, satellite, or ota [antenea]?

Try a ground lift "cheater" plug [3 to 2 prong].

Asssuming cable, seperate power cables from the cable line and/or try a different outlet and see if that helps. If that doesn't help the cable probably has a ground loop problem. Try contacting the cable provider have them check it out. Here is a filter that might help,

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?&DID=7&Partnumber=180-075

Good luck.

swgiust
10-27-2004, 02:36 PM
The ground loop problem is a good start. Try this. Make sure everything is plugged into the same outlet and/or circuit. (tv, reciever, ect) see if this helps. Next unplug your cable
(as in cable tv) from the wall. Does it make a difference? If so, you have a ground loop
problem.

One easy solution that may help, is to NOT run any video through your reciever. Run
the video direct to the TV. This can actually give you a better signal and may solve your problem. A newer HD set should have plenty of connections for DVD, VCR, CABLE.

Try it!

Have fun!

9secondsflat
10-28-2004, 03:48 AM
i have direct tv- dish......i will try your suggestions.