Wow, this place barely works today [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Wow, this place barely works today

Davey.
12-12-2003, 08:56 AM
Or is it just me? Getting lots of page errors and very slow response. Doesn't look like anyone has posted a complaint in the last couple days so that must mean it's my turn :)

Looks like those Home Theater folks are catching up with us now. Probably won't be long before they move back into #1. Always seemed kind of funny that Rave Recs was the most popular, but now seems to be getting back to normal with only one or two posts a day around here ;)

NP: Intoxicated Hands by Damien Jurado

<i>Was it that whiskey talking or is it your heart
That made you say I love you to me
As you held me in your arms
</i>

tentoze
12-12-2003, 09:07 AM
Or is it just me? Getting lots of page errors and very slow response. Doesn't look like anyone has posted a complaint in the last couple days so that must mean it's my turn :)

Looks like those Home Theater folks are catching up with us now. Probably won't be long before they move back into #1. Always seemed kind of funny that Rave Recs was the most popular, but now seems to be getting back to normal with only one or two posts a day around here ;)

NP: Intoxicated Hands by Damien Jurado

Was it that whiskey talking or is it your heart
That made you say I love you to me
As you held me in your arms

Seems pretty normal to me, performance-wise. Traffic flow is always an up/down thing around here, I think.

Dave_G
12-12-2003, 09:16 AM
My only complaint is that there is a bunch of BS talk and not a whole lot of stuff about music.

:mad:

Dave

Finch Platte
12-12-2003, 09:51 AM
My only complaint is that there is a bunch of BS talk and not a whole lot of stuff about music.

Dave

A little grumpy today, Geezer? I noticed you haven't posted anything in my 'live bands screwing up' post- not musical enuff for ya? My complaint's the opposite. It's like meeting friends at the bar- if they only talked about music, what a boring night that would be. I'm interested in how they're doing, and what's going on in their lives. They can tack a bit of misic onto that, but if I hear Dark Side of the ****ing Moon on SUCD, or whatever it is, discussed again, I'm gonna scream.

My 2 edited centavos.

fp

Oh, and, yeah- this place is a little more sluggish. It's like a pop up snuck by w/out me seeing, so it's down at the bottom, dragging everything down with it.

Dave_G
12-12-2003, 10:41 AM
Hiya Finchie,

I just like to stir the pot sometimes and try and steer the ship back towards music discussion as much as possible.

The reason for an off topic forum!

But I'm still mad and cranky.

But soon my Valium and Zoloft and Percodan will kick in and I will be fine.

Dave

Davey.
12-12-2003, 11:08 AM
Seems pretty normal to me, performance-wise. Traffic flow is always an up/down thing around here, I think.
Yeah, you high speed users don't notice things like that but it's not really even useable for me right now. If I wasn't a regular who had kinda been out of touch for the last few days, I wouldn't even bother right now because it's too frustrating. But just wanted to check in and say hi :)

Slosh
12-12-2003, 11:41 AM
I logged on this morning and it was moving at a glacial pace even though I was (and am) connected at 53.2 Kbps. Went X-Mas shopping and things are no better now. Oh well, I do have other things to do today.

NP: Daveydot 2003 year-end comp :)

tentoze
12-12-2003, 01:12 PM
I logged on this morning and it was moving at a glacial pace even though I was (and am) connected at 53.2 Kbps. Went X-Mas shopping and things are no better now. Oh well, I do have other things to do today.

NP: Daveydot 2003 year-end comp :)

I just ain't seeing any difference today. And, Davey, it even bogs down on cable modem from time to time.

Speaking of Davey, I got the daveydot 2003 disk this AM, as well, and can't wait to get it home 2nite. There's several on there that I've not heard yet............thanx!

Whooptee
12-12-2003, 09:33 PM
I'm not noticing anything out of the ordinary speed-wise right now. Maybe whatever it was has passed. Who knows?

John

Swish
12-13-2003, 07:55 AM
his wallet and spend a little cash for broadband. :D

I'll never go back to dial up after having cable. It's just fantastic...most of the time anyway. I get a few disconnects here and there, so I just reset the modem and it usually kicks back in fairly quickly, although it can be a real bummer if it happens after I've typed a lot of stuff on Rave Recordings or something.

Anyway, today as I view the Forum, none of the avatars are showing up and a few other things are amiss. Who knows (sigh). I want the old board back!

Swish Baby

Davey.
12-13-2003, 09:49 AM
I think someone need to clear the dust from his wallet and spend a little cash for broadband
Yeah, broadband would be nice. I have used it at times and it is hard to go back, but I really don't do much on the web so it would be kind of a waste since I can get unlimited dialup and all the web space I need for $6.95 a month. But one of these days I'm gonna have to move into the modern age :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this place rocks today. Don't know what the problem was yesterday but it was like trying to swim laps in a pool of cold molasses. Today is more like warm honey :)

Swish
12-13-2003, 12:01 PM
Yeah, broadband would be nice. I have used it at times and it is hard to go back, but I really don't do much on the web so it would be kind of a waste since I can get unlimited dialup and all the web space I need for $6.95 a month. But one of these days I'm gonna have to move into the modern age :)

EDIT: Oh yeah, forgot to mention that this place rocks today. Don't know what the problem was yesterday but it was like trying to swim laps in a pool of cold molasses. Today is more like warm honey :)

I'm on the web for several hours each day when I'm in my office, mostly to check company e-mail, our favorite communication tool for the past couple of years. Our front-end mortgage origination system is also horrible to operate from dialup, so broadband is quite a time-saver for me. I can also expense the cost, so I actually pay nothing for it. How's that for cheap?! :p