Presidential trivia [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Presidential trivia

dean_martin
10-26-2004, 08:01 AM
The election thread has gotten a little heated at times, so to lighten the mood a little, here's a bit of trivial info.

Of the 42 U.S. Presidents, 25 have been lawyers (of course being a lawyer did not always guaranty success). It should have been 26.

During his time in office as president, Harry S. Truman applied for admission to the Missouri Bar. He gave his address as The White House, Washington, D.C. The Missouri Bar sent him a letter notifying him that his application needed to be notarized. For whatever reason, Pres. Truman never bothered to send his application back in. It wasn't until the 1990s that Truman was admitted posthumously after someone found his application letter in the bar's offices.

Have a nice day!

piece-it pete
10-26-2004, 10:21 AM
Very good!

I always liked Truman, the plain-spoken sob.

When asked about Castro going Communist, he said publicly (I'm going from memory here), "That's what happens when you have a G_d-d_mned fool in the White House" lol. Or: "My choice early in life was either to be a piano-player in a whorehouse or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference."

What a guy.

My contribution:

Genealogists have determined that FDR was related to: George Washington, John Adams, James Madison, John Quincy Adams, Martin Van Buren, William Henry Harrison, Zachary Taylor, Ulysses S. Grant, Benjamin Harrison, Theodore Roosevelt, and William Howard Taft.

Whoa!

Pete

trollgirl
10-27-2004, 01:38 PM
...Bush and Kerry are distant cousins. Really! You can track that down at rense.com and other places. Further - they are both descendants of Vlad the Impailer! Horrors!!

Laz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you must wonder if your country has a free press or not, the answere should be obvious. -Lazarus Short