Jar's 2003 comp [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jar's 2003 comp

-Jar-
12-11-2003, 09:04 PM
I'm about the last person that should be making a comp like this since I bought all of about 7 or so new albums this past year, but thanks to some folks around here, I got to hear some other way cool new albums.. so, I made a comp about it. It's a pretty wide-ranging mix of stuff, but I've gotten addicted to many of the songs on here as I've been putting it together. Just chime in here if you want one, I should have most addresses, if you're new (and I'd be happy to send to new people) just drop an email to dubman99(AT)aol.com.

here's the, uhh, track list.. yea..

01 Hey Mercedes - Quality Revenge At Last (Loses Control)
02 Radiohead - Go to Sleep (Hail to the Thief)
03 British Sea Power - Carrion (The Decline of British Sea Power)
04 Death in Vegas - 23 Lies (Scorpio Rising)
05 M83 - Cyborg (Dead Cities, Red Seas & Lost Ghosts)
06 Manitoba - Bijoux (Up In Flames)
07 Cave In - Joy Opposites (Antenna)
08 Thursday - Asleep in the Chapel (War All the Time)
09 Avenged Sevenfold - Chapter Four (Waking the Fallen via Operation: Punk Rock Freedom Sampler)
10 Stop It! - Name + Number (Self Made Maps via Lumberjack Sampler)
11 Tomahawk - Mayday (Mit Gas)
12 Killing Joke - You'll Never Get To Me (Killing Joke)
13 Deftones - Minerva (Deftones)
14 Opeth - Death Whispered A Lullaby (Damnation)
15 Deadboy and the Elephantmen - Waking Up Insane (If This is Hell, Then I'm Lucky-1992)
16 Botch - Afgamistam - (Anthology of Dead Ends-1992)

I thank the following Rave Rekkers:
Davey (British Sea Power, Manitoba)
RPM (Death In Vegas)
Finch Platte (Avenged Sevenfold, Stop it!!, Tomahawk, Killing Joke)
Darren (Opeth)

Slosh
12-12-2003, 05:08 AM
Something's going out in the mail today for you too :)

Not sure if you'll like. All I can say is give it three spins before giving up on it ;)

audiobill
12-12-2003, 05:19 AM
Jar,

It looks like a keeper. I'd love a copy.

Yours should get burned this weekend.

Cheers,
audiobill

JDaniel
12-12-2003, 05:37 AM
Jar, I'd love one please. Thanks. This has been a great year around here for Year End comps. All rec'd so far have been very solid IMHO.

I mailed you a package yesterday (12-11), so it should be showing up in Ohia by the 1st of the week.

JD

Jim Clark
12-12-2003, 06:31 AM
Looks like you were able to parlay a small sampling into enough to feed the hungry masses. I think that has been done only once before. Good job and put one on the burner for me.

Regards,
jc

-Jar-
12-12-2003, 07:01 AM
Looks like you were able to parlay a small sampling into enough to feed the hungry masses. I think that has been done only once before. Good job and put one on the burner for me.

Regards,
jc

hey I'm not the one with initials 'jc'

:D

Davey.
12-12-2003, 08:37 AM
I'll take one of those! Looks like fun. You should be receiving one from me pretty soon, if not there already.

Thanks

NP: Damien Jurado - Where shall you take me? Definitely in my top 10 this year but keeps moving around. Have even had it at number 1 sometimes. Where it winds up not even I know for sure. Depends on how moody I am :)

PS: Has anyone mentioned lately that this site sucks??!! Could barely login and keep getting page errors this morning. Who knows if I'll get this posted or not. And if I do it will probably show up in the wrong place at the wrong time! Oh well, life can't always be a bowl of cherries. Hey jasn, if you see this, thanks for the Soul comp. Just got it and will give it a good listen this weekend. Looks like big fun!

DarrenH
12-12-2003, 03:28 PM
'Jar, could I have one please.

Do you still have my home addy? Email? Let me know.

Some things on that comp I want to check out.

Thanks man.

Darren

nobody
12-12-2003, 06:11 PM
yes, please.

I gotta pick up that M83 eventually.