Component Video Cable Nightmare [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Component Video Cable Nightmare

hoppyfl
10-24-2004, 07:28 AM
I'm dizzy from reading all the stuff about low oxygen copper, superduper insulation, blah blah, blah. I'm starting to dream about it..... What I need is a 12' component video cable between my Panasonic AE-700 and the HDTV source.

Lashen.com has them for $22, cables-to-go sells the velocity for about $30 as does Dayton, and then there are the +$100 cables. Searching for cable reviews of competing brands has been fruitless, So, in short, will the $22 cable work almost, if not as well, as the $100 cable?

perplexed

HT BUFF
10-24-2004, 10:10 AM
I have spoken to experts on the subject and they basically say either you are connected or you are not connected, providing you are using a DECENT cable you will not see a difference
between a $40 cable vs $150 cable.

hoppyfl
10-24-2004, 03:37 PM
Thanks, for your input. I wonder how low that $ number goes for say 95% equality of video transmission. Will the $30 Velocity or Dayton cable 'approach' the performance of the big $ cables. I wonder if the lack of test data might be indicative of a lack of difference. I just hate to spend $50 for something that $25 would also buy. Reading some of the other posts has me almost convinced that the $25 cable would be just as good. I wonder?????

HT BUFF
10-24-2004, 03:47 PM
I bought an excellent Component video cable made by a British company called IXOS, these guys sell a 6.5 ft cable for $36, really well made and not a lot of money.

Stewrt
11-13-2004, 03:05 PM
I like that IXOS company nice lookin site and gear. Thanks for the tip man.
Did you get the XHV804 cable or the lesser expensive curious. I cant seem to find any pricing anywhere. Looks like they may only sell through dealers. I wrote them an E guess I'll hear back soon enough.

HT BUFF
11-14-2004, 07:08 AM
I like that IXOS company nice lookin site and gear. Thanks for the tip man.
Did you get the XHV804 cable or the lesser expensive curious. I cant seem to find any pricing anywhere. Looks like they may only sell through dealers. I wrote them an E guess I'll hear back soon enough.

tigerdirect.com for these cables, maybe also digitalconnection.com.