Curved speaker placement. [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Curved speaker placement.

RIT
10-23-2004, 06:42 AM
I have read that it is ideal to set up the front speakers in a slight curve to keep the distance to the seating area equal.What do you do when the seating area is curved ? I use the room mainly for movie watching. Thank you.

Geoffcin
10-23-2004, 08:35 AM
I have read that it is ideal to set up the front speakers in a slight curve to keep the distance to the seating area equal.What do you do when the seating area is curved ? I use the room mainly for movie watching. Thank you.

Because the time delay is adjustable on just about all of them. All it takes is a tape measure and you can set the speaker delay for your exact position. Some of the more expensive receivers even have a mic that uses a test tone to set the exact delay, and some can also set bass equalization too.

RIT
10-23-2004, 10:26 AM
I have a yamaha rxv-995 reciever and i dont have a time delay feature. Do you think I should just keep the speakers straight?

Geoffcin
10-23-2004, 11:43 AM
I have a yamaha rxv-995 reciever and i dont have a time delay feature. Do you think I should just keep the speakers straight?

Please refer to your manual. Setting the speaker distance is oen of the most important things to do when you set up your system.