ripping disks [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : ripping disks

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2004, 10:25 AM
What's that program called that allows me to rip from enhanced CD's? It's an internet download.

....you know the one.

Oh, it's on the tip of my tongue!

Jim Clark
10-22-2004, 12:35 PM
eac-exact audio copy

jc

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2004, 01:36 PM
eac-exact audio copy

jc

That's the one! Thanks Jim.

Hyfi
10-22-2004, 02:03 PM
Nero shows 2 windows, one with the data or video and the other has the songs and a data track that you leave out of your drag and drop. Funny thing about your question since with Windows 98 (don't you still run that FA?) you can change the properties of the drive to show the sound tracks as a default and not the default video.

With the disk in the drive, right click on the drive in explorer (or my computer or however you get there) and choose properties. You should get a drop down menu with a choice of Volume. That window is where you change it. If it does not work on 98, then I am confusing it with ME. Not sure if they both have it.

Anyway, EAC is a good program. The guy who wrote it is a stamp collector so his only request for the download is a postcard......with a stamp on it.

Happy Ripping

ForeverAutumn
10-22-2004, 02:08 PM
Nero shows 2 windows, one with the data or video and the other has the songs and a data track that you leave out of your drag and drop. Funny thing about your question since with Windows 98 (don't you still run that FA?) you can change the properties of the drive to show the sound tracks as a default and not the default video.

With the disk in the drive, right click on the drive in explorer (or my computer or however you get there) and choose properties. You should get a drop down menu with a choice of Volume. That window is where you change it. If it does not work on 98, then I am confusing it with ME. Not sure if they both have it.

Anyway, EAC is a good program. The guy who wrote it is a stamp collector so his only request for the download is a postcard......with a stamp on it.

Happy Ripping

Um. Wouldn't I have to own Nero in order for that to work? ;)