hey guys, can you recommend a used AVR [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : hey guys, can you recommend a used AVR

Tarheel_
10-22-2004, 04:15 AM
well its that time again, after owning a HT receiver for 12months or so i want a different brand to play with. Over the last two years its was a Denon 2801, then last year a HK 525. I enjoy the HK but want something new.

Can anyone recommend a used make/model from last year's line?

would like:
spend around $650.00
PLII
2 zone capability
onscreen display
sub control level from receiver
heavy in weight

don't care about:
watt ratings
looks
auto calibration
6.1 or 7.1

leaning toward the Elite, Marantz and Sherwood lines.

nick4433
10-22-2004, 07:21 AM
Maybe you missed the boat on the Yamaha RXV2400 for $599 over at the good guys when they were making room for the 2500. The best place to go is your local electronics stores and see the shelves for older equipment at bargain prices. That way you also get the full warranty.

nick4433
10-22-2004, 07:23 AM
BTW, I read your the "don't care: list and you don't care about anything that receivers offer these days and it seems the HK525 is already offering you things you "care" for. WHY are you then upgrading?

kexodusc
10-22-2004, 07:57 AM
Hey Tarheel...
I gotta ask the same thing nick4433 did...anything I'd recommend probably has some of that stuff in it as the differentiating features.

Not a big fan of Marantz latest offerings. Denon, Yamaha, and H/K have been solid the past 2 or 3 years IMO.
If you could scam a NAD T762 or something like that you'd be set though...NAD receivers are usually way too much brand new IMO...butused, you've got a heckuva unit!!!!

Tarheel_
10-22-2004, 10:31 AM
i just like a change...happy with my speakers/DVD player/CD player,RPTV, etc. so the receiver seems the best/biggest change i can make. I enjoy a new toy to play with...get to see differences in makes/models, sound etc....

The Sherwood line 865 looks awesome on paper as does the Elite line...

PAT.P
10-26-2004, 10:23 AM
i just like a change...happy with my speakers/DVD player/CD player,RPTV, etc. so the receiver seems the best/biggest change i can make. I enjoy a new toy to play with...get to see differences in makes/models, sound etc....

The Sherwood line 865 looks awesome on paper as does the Elite line...
YEAR IS HERE TRY LOOKING FOR YAMAHA 1400 or 2400 I know IM LOOKING FOR THESE ONE GREAT RECEIVER AND GREAT REVIEW! PAT.P

jrflanne
10-27-2004, 06:33 AM
I used to have a NAD T-770. It didn't sport a bunch of whistles and bells but the amp section kicked some serious butt. I don't know how much they are used, but it was a pretty solid piece of equipment. I doubt that there is much out there for under $1000 new that can touch the sound.