Maxell tape question/problem.... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Maxell tape question/problem....

keithant
10-21-2004, 05:05 PM
Hey everyone,i bought 10 Maxell XLII-S 90 min tapes 1989 versions brand new in wrappers off ebay (The ones with the Super Silent Phase Accuracy cassette mechanism's) and with the Epitaxial particles (Before the Black Magnetite stuff).Anyway all but one of these tapes makes an anoying clicking sound from the mechanism for the first 10-15 minutes of the tape on both A and B sides and then it goes away,has anyone else had this problem with this year XLII-S or know what could be causing this?The tapes sound great but that clicking sound is very anoying..Thanks for any help,Keith H.

markw
10-22-2004, 05:06 AM
Things get tight after sitting for so long. Play 'em through a few times before trying to record on them. This should loosen 'em up somewhat.

keithant
10-22-2004, 03:58 PM
They sound better anyway and i have never had a problem with there mechanism's,i have been having to many problems with Maxell lately with the clicking problem and tight casings..Keith H.

DMK
10-22-2004, 05:52 PM
They sound better anyway and i have never had a problem with there mechanism's,i have been having to many problems with Maxell lately with the clicking problem and tight casings..Keith H.

Well, our posts aren't too helpful for the original question, but I agree - I'm sticking with TDK! Same with CD-R's. I've had nothing but trouble with Maxell on both counts. I lost a lot of good music thanks to the poor quality control at Maxell.

To the original poster: I'm praying for ya, man! I'd make a backup copy just in case and hope the clicks don't record onto the backup.