Anyone experienced Polk RM6600 home theater speakers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone experienced Polk RM6600 home theater speakers?

BoostedA4
12-11-2003, 02:44 PM
I swear everyday I find new products that I might like to have for my first home theater setup. Recently, I've been looking into getting some RM6600 (or possibly the 6700's if I want to spend some more cash) and a matching Polk powered subwoofer. I can get just the satellites brand new for under $300, add on a sub and i'm lookin just under $500 for brand new Polk 6600 setup. I would likely add an onkyo TX-SR601 receiver to go with it. All in all, I would be paying about $300 more than the htib i was planning on getting (Onkyo HT-S760), but I believe I will get much more performance.

So I wanted to know if anyone here has heard or owned these Polk 6600 or 6700 speakers and what they thought of them? Strengths? Weaknesses? Any and all comments welcome, thanks

acqui
12-15-2003, 06:15 PM
My cousin got them and gave them away after 3 weeks. He wasn't very happy with them. He thought the depth of the bass wasn't very good and didn't like the mids much either. Thought the highs were good. He eventually went with a set of Energy Take 5.2 and loves them.