Quick pic of my system [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Quick pic of my system

RGA
10-20-2004, 06:30 PM
Many things need to be done - the entire TV area I need to do somehting about. Nevertheless looks can be deceiving - not as perty as those nice Lord Magnepan Magies --- He makes me want to get a flower - err at least a painting on that end of the room. I have the Sugden and Cambridge lifted using some Skylan Magic Mushrooms and Tenderfeet respectively. The mushrooms make more sense because the Tenderfeet would ruin the stnd with it's spikes(so I have a penny under each for the time being). I'm still working on the speakers which I originally had 75cm from the corners which yielded very good results but I know have them 28cm(~11inches) from the corners. Interestingly, the bass has improved but more importantly the midrange and treble has vastly improved with more open airy quality to everything. I am considering an adjusment that will put them to the point where the speakers only have a sliver of space between the back and side wall and a slightly bigger toe-in.

Pretty plain Jane looking I must admit. No fancy looking Shanling CD players.

Sorry diposable camera - so the pics are not very clear - plus my all in one printer's scanner section probably bites lemons.

jfish
10-21-2004, 05:15 AM
nice setup, how do you liek the cambridge audio cd player? i was looking at their new azur line...reasonable priced also.

corwin99
10-21-2004, 08:19 AM
Nice setup dood. For some reason i thought your AN speakers would be curly maple or something though. But all Black works too!

What are the measurements for that room?

RGA
10-21-2004, 09:58 AM
Room is roughly 12X15 - the speakers on the 12 side.

I bought last years models of the J/Spe. Soundhounds bought ALL of Audio Note's stock of last years' models at a good bulk discount so the J/Spe was $2500.00CDN as opposed to the ~$4,700.00 the new ones go for. Unfortunately all they had was black.

The new ones have about 18 different wood grain selection.

corwin99
10-21-2004, 10:09 AM
Nice score dood. I am severly limited in the speakers i can use due to the configuration of my listening room. There is a couch between the speakers, and there is a couch blocking the lower 2ft or so of the left speaker, so i need speakers that have higher mounted drivers. I'd never be able to put AN's in there, not permanently at least, unless i put them in front of the couch :D

I saw a pair of AN's playing in the main area of Soundhounds last time i was there.. they were curly maple i think. A bit bigger than yours. Sounded pretty good.