Connectors to use? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Connectors to use?

Stretch
10-19-2004, 08:49 AM
I ran my speaker wire for my home surround system and to my patio,bathroom and kitchen. The one thing is i dont know what connectors to use to plug the wire from my receiver to my wallplate. Thanks.

eqm
10-19-2004, 12:14 PM
I ran my speaker wire for my home surround system and to my patio,bathroom and kitchen. The one thing is i dont know what connectors to use to plug the wire from my receiver to my wallplate. Thanks.

i hope you didn't hook all your wires to one wall plate! please make sure you're either using a switch system or impedence matching volume controls! that being said, if you've done the former BEFORE YOU HOOK ANYTHING ELSE UP--use a couple pair of banana plugs or tin the ends of your wires to prevent corrosion. everyone else will probably yell at me for suggesting this, but monster makes the quick-lock banana plugs that make a pretty nice crimp connection (not the twist-n-crimps), that hook together in about 10 seconds with no soldering. easy!

Stretch
10-19-2004, 07:17 PM
I didnt hook it up yet. What is a switch system or impedence matching volume controls? Im not familiar sorry. I am gonna use banana plugs you say thats ok? Thanks much

eqm
10-20-2004, 07:25 AM
I didnt hook it up yet. What is a switch system or impedence matching volume controls? Im not familiar sorry. I am gonna use banana plugs you say thats ok? Thanks much

OUCH!!!!

go directly to the store where you bought your stuff...find your salesperson...have him or her show you what a speaker selector switch is and how it hooks up. PLEASE DO THIS BEFORE YOU WRECK YOUR SURROUND RECEIVER!!!!

Stretch
10-21-2004, 08:07 PM
SO i just have to hook up a speaker selector for all my extra speakers? right? I will have 5 bose speakers in my living room for the surround then i will have 2 speakers pn my patio and 2 in my kitchen and 2 in my bathroom which will be on a speaker selector right?Thanks very much for the help again.