Halloween 2004 - Time for a little more [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Halloween 2004 - Time for a little more

Jim Clark
10-19-2004, 08:00 AM
Kind of blew off the Halloween comp until last night and what started out as a planned "EP" somehow grew into a full fledged comp. Actually, all things considered I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out especially since I didn't buy a single thing this year with this in mind. Of course I included stuff others have sent me which is how I managed to flesh this puppy out. It's not perfect by any means. The GYBE track isn't ready for prime time but I don't have the studio version but if you've seen 28 Days Later maybe you can appreciate why I had to include it. Well, if you want one lemme know and I'll do my best to get one out.

1. Door Knocking
2. Valley Of Unrest-Elizabeth Ashley & Lou Reed
3. The Bed-Lou Reed
4. Monsters Of The Id-Stan Ridgway
5. Nite Shift-Switchblade Symphony
6. Rhapsody-Siouxsie And The Banshees
7. Tempus Vernum-Enya
8. Call Of The Zombie-Rob Zombie
9. Dragula-Rob Zombie
10. Rising Evil-Marilyn Manson (via Chip jr)
11. The Summoning-Hell Pop (via Unleash hell)
12. Hamburger Lady-Throbbing Gristle
13. Punches And Knives-Two Lone Swordsmen (via Nobody)
14. Pax Deorum-Enya
15. They Watch With Closed Eyes-Autumn Tears
16. East Hastings-live-Godspeed You Black Emporer
17. The Raven-William Dafoe
18. Laughter

jc

skewiff
10-19-2004, 12:42 PM
Jim. Could I trouble you for one of those please?

Tony

Hyfi
10-19-2004, 01:24 PM
Jim,
I'd like one of these. It will be great music for the ride to a Halloween Party at a Microbrewery in Camelback, PA. Barley Creek has many a tasty brew.

If you need my addy, let me know.

Thank you!

Jim Clark
10-19-2004, 01:27 PM
gotcha both unless either of you have moved lately.

jc

ForeverAutumn
10-19-2004, 05:57 PM
I'd like one please Jim. And if I ever find the time to send out the stuff that I've promised people...there will be an unexpected little treat in your mailbox.

JDaniel
10-20-2004, 05:59 AM
Uh, may I please? After all, I'm the one who originally asked if you were doing one this year. I look forward to it every year. I've contributed a track or two in years past, but it totally slipped my mind until I asked you last week. Did you ever receive the Doubter's Club disc?

JD

Jim Clark
10-20-2004, 06:15 AM
Uh, may I please? After all, I'm the one who originally asked if you were doing one this year. I look forward to it every year. I've contributed a track or two in years past, but it totally slipped my mind until I asked you last week. Did you ever receive the Doubter's Club disc?

JD

Hey, yours was the first one made and addressed!

About the Doubters Club disc, yes I did receive it. I apologize for not mentioning it to you. I'm usually much better at following up with an email or PM. I obviously didn't do so great this time so here's a belated thank you.

This one is going to take some more listens. In all honesty I'd agree that it rocks. My problem with it is that for all the rocking it, to me it lacks the charm of the Judy Bats, not to mention the lack of jangly guitars which for me is part of the appeal and what draws me to the band in the first place. Next week I'll include it in my weekly round up on Tuesday. That will give me more time to see if I enjoy it more with time.

jc

Celtic Bob
10-20-2004, 05:08 PM
Hey Jim,
Can I get a copy as well? I just came back and would like to get back into the comp trading again.
Thanks
b.

Jim Clark
10-20-2004, 05:52 PM
Hey Jim,
Can I get a copy as well? I just came back and would like to get back into the comp trading again.
Thanks
b.

of course but you'll have to PM me with your address. It wasn't too long ago that I pared the list down and at that point you had been gone for a loong time! Glad you're back bud.

jc