I'm bummed [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm bummed

Ex Lion Tamer
10-19-2004, 06:33 AM
Camper van Beethoven are playing in Montreal tonite, AND I CAN'T Go!!! They are on a very short list of bands from the my mis-spent youth, that includes The Jam and Stiff Little Fingers, that I've always wanted to see live. Anywho, I just can't do another school-night show that won't allow me to get to bed before 3:00 A.M. Bummer! Why can't the backwater town I live in get any decent acts to show-up. Maybe I should get into the concert promotion business.

Has anyone heard the new release from these college-rock gods? Allmusic.com gives two thumbs up. Here's a link: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:71l67uy040jg~T1

Dave_G
10-19-2004, 06:44 AM
If you like them that much you need to find a way to go because if you don't you will regret it!

Dave

audiobill
10-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Camper van Beethoven are playing in Montreal tonite, AND I CAN'T Go!!! They are on a very short list of bands from the my mis-spent youth, that includes The Jam and Stiff Little Fingers, that I've always wanted to see live. Anywho, I just can't do another school-night show that won't allow me to get to bed before 3:00 A.M. Bummer! Why can't the backwater town I live in get any decent acts to show-up. Maybe I should get into the concert promotion business.

Has anyone heard the new release from these college-rock gods? Allmusic.com gives two thumbs up. Here's a link: http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p=amg&sql=10:71l67uy040jg~T1

There are countless times when I want to see a "must-see" show, in Toronto, during the week....and I have to take a pass. I only have a 45 min. commute -- not 2 hrs, like you my friend -- and it still irks me to find that the band is playing New York Fri, Sat, and Sunday when they leave here, on Wednesday.

Oh, well
Bill

Jim Clark
10-19-2004, 07:23 AM
While it's probably little consolation @ the Live archive there are CVB shows from 2004. I downloaded the August 14'th show last week and it is pretty good. Not the same as being there but perhaps better than nothing?

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=17524

1. intro
2. all her favorite fruit
3. sweethearts
4. tanya
5. eye of fatima I & II
6. 51-7
7. white riot
8. wasted
9. shut us down
10. instrumental
11. history of utah
12. might makes right
13. good guys and bad guys
14. take the skinheads bowling
15. pictures of matchstickmen
16. club med sucks
17. hippie chicks

jc

Ex Lion Tamer
10-19-2004, 07:42 AM
Wow Jim,

Thanks for the link. I'm definitely going to download that show. Wish I had a faster connection.

Stone
10-19-2004, 11:00 AM
While it's probably little consolation @ the Live archive there are CVB shows from 2004. I downloaded the August 14'th show last week and it is pretty good. Not the same as being there but perhaps better than nothing?

http://www.archive.org/audio/etree-details-db.php?id=17524

1. intro
2. all her favorite fruit
3. sweethearts
4. tanya
5. eye of fatima I & II
6. 51-7
7. white riot
8. wasted
9. shut us down
10. instrumental
11. history of utah
12. might makes right
13. good guys and bad guys
14. take the skinheads bowling
15. pictures of matchstickmen
16. club med sucks
17. hippie chicks

jc

Cool, "White Riot" and "Wasted." I'll have to check that one out too. Thanks, JC.

Stone
10-20-2004, 10:22 AM
This is what was reported-

Message from Jonathan:
all of camper van beethoven's guitars and violin and our merch got
stolen last night in montreal. if anybody has any contacts up here,
tell them to look for our stuff in stores. or hunt down the robbers and
kill them.
jonathan's violin with stickers all over it jonathan's 1971 strat (sunburst) (with a couple stickers, etc.)O
victor's 1969 precision bass (natural finish)
david's green charvel surfcaster
david's black jackson surfcaster
a couple ibanez acoustics
johnny's black eric clapton strat
greg's frankenstein strat (black) and tele (tobacco sunbusrst)
(warmoth esp or something)
plus mike duclos' precision bass and ezster balint's gibson sg and danelectro semi acoustic.
maybe more.. not sure yet. a few tshirts and a road case of cds. including the email list we collected last night, preventing this from going out to montreal fans!