Holy Sh!t, Decemberists on John McEnroe show (CNBC 10pm tonight) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Holy Sh!t, Decemberists on John McEnroe show (CNBC 10pm tonight)

-Jar-
10-15-2004, 06:02 PM
!!!!! Slosh!!!!

Stone
10-15-2004, 06:46 PM
I saw them on that show last night or the night before. Maybe it's a repeat tonight or they're on multiple nights, but I was pretty surprised to see them on CNBC.

DarrenH
10-15-2004, 07:09 PM
And they included the Decemberists?

Darren

Slosh
10-16-2004, 04:25 AM
Oops, I missed it. Didn't use the computer at all yesterday so I had no idea. Funny, Death Cab For Cutie was also on that show last week. I usually work 5 AM to 5 PM and I tried to stay up and see that but it was a weekday night and I fell asleep. Looks like I'll have to start PVR-ing that show if they keep booking a-list indie bands.

Never would have occured to me to watch a news channel to see music. Is CNBC becoming what MTV should have been all along? Weird.

BTW, he makes for an awful talkshow host.

ForeverAutumn
10-16-2004, 05:23 AM
!!!!! Slosh!!!!

I've never heard the Decemberists, just heard about them...here.

I liked the song that they performed. Is that song indicative of the rest of the disk? If I liked that song, will I like the rest?

Slosh
10-17-2004, 04:27 AM
I just did a search to find out when this episode will be repeated. No luck with that quest but I did see he also had Yo La Tengo and Rogue Wave perform on the show so it looks like I'll definitely have to start PVR-ing it daily (while it lasts). Hopefully I'll get all of the performances before the show gets cancelled.

-Jar-
10-17-2004, 05:44 AM
I've never heard the Decemberists, just heard about them...here.

I liked the song that they performed. Is that song indicative of the rest of the disk? If I liked that song, will I like the rest?

I liked that song the <i>least</i> of everything I've heard by them. I don't have the album that the song they played came from. You would like THE TAIN. It's a 25 minute or so prog/indie rock suite. I guess what makes it proggy is that it has has 5 parts (well, 4 with the first part repeating at the end) and it has an obscure story line. It's released separately than their two main albums.

-jar

Dusty Chalk
10-17-2004, 09:09 AM
John McEnroe has his own show?My thoughts, exactly, when I saw this thread.