KRS-ONE sides with Al Qaida [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : KRS-ONE sides with Al Qaida

-Jar-
10-15-2004, 07:04 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1014krs14-ON.html

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' "

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations..

talk about biting the hand that feeds you..

Stone
10-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Let me be the first to say (on this board at least):

What a fu<a>cking</a> idiot.

tentoze
10-15-2004, 07:29 AM
Amazes me that this "gentleman" (who I've never even heard of) elected himself The Spokesman of an entire, and significant, segment of the American people. Screw him and his gold chains.

eqm
10-15-2004, 07:46 AM
Amazes me that this "gentleman" (who I've never even heard of) elected himself The Spokesman of an entire, and significant, segment of the American people. Screw him and his gold chains.

i suppose "Knowledge" didn't "Reign Supreme" over him...? I hope he gets stomach cancer and dies a slow, horrible death.

Hyfi
10-15-2004, 07:53 AM
The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community,"

That's because most of them are killing each other off at a faster rate!

Dusty Chalk
10-15-2004, 08:23 AM
What a fu<a>cking</a> idiot.Word.

mad rhetorik
10-15-2004, 08:57 AM
http://www.azcentral.com/offbeat/articles/1014krs14-ON.html

"So when the planes hit the building, we were like, 'Mmmm - justice.' "

The atrocity of 9-11 "doesn't affect us the hip-hop community," he said. "9-11 happened to them, not us," he added, explaining that by "them" he meant "the rich ... those who are oppressing us. RCA or BMG, Universal, the radio stations..

talk about biting the hand that feeds you..

Too bad, this guy actually used to be a relevant and intelligent voice in hip-hop (ref. <b>By All Means Necessary</b>, 1988). After coming out with such a bigoted and hateful remark, I've lost all respect for this a<a>sshole.

nobody
10-15-2004, 09:01 AM
I disagree with him, but I think it's good to have a voice of dissent coming through. It's also true that 9-11 effects different classes of people differently.

I think he's fooling himself if he thinks he speaks for most African Americans on this issue, but I do think that the desire for 9-11 vengance at any cost runs much deeper with most white folk.

A lot of people are fine with going after a war in Iraq, justified by the whole 9-11 tragedy, but look at the numbers for supporting that action in the African American community and they tells a vastly different story.

nobody
10-15-2004, 10:54 AM
Interesting timing for this story...

<a href="http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&cid=529&ncid=529&e=4&u=/ap/20041015/ap_en_mu/prince_video">Prince Controversy</a>

MindGoneHaywire
10-15-2004, 12:07 PM
Terrible. I would've thought he would've known better than to say something so stupid. But then again he once attacked P.M. Dawn physically onstage because he didn't like his music or something, so who knows...

There's a link on Drudge where he backs off a bit at

http://www.allhiphop.com/hiphopnews/?ID=3618

but it's not enough for me. He should know damn well that SO many of the people who died weren't part of this rhetorical 'them' that making a statement like this is about as dumb as it gets. Not to mention the hit the economy took & how that affects most people. Plenty of 'hiphoppas' lost jobs because of 9/11. And the statement about not voting just makes me angry.

I'm sort of glad now that I never bought a CD copy of my old BDP album, though he'd probably claim that he wouldn't see a dime from it anyway...and on that he might have a point. But this is an inexcusably irresponsible statement coming from someone who I thought knew better than to say something so painfully stupid.

ForeverAutumn
10-15-2004, 02:26 PM
Regardless of skin colour; ancestry; heritage; religion or any other factor, if this guy hates his country so much as to make those kinds of statements, he should find another country to live in. No-one should have to live in a place that they hate so vehemently.

And telling people not to vote is just ignorant. How does that make anything better? I wonder how he'd feel if he lived in a country where the right to vote was not an option. The choices may not be great, but at least he has choices...and the freedom to make those comments in the first place, let's not forget that.

Worf101
10-16-2004, 12:44 PM
with Falwell and Robertson blaiming 911 on liverals. There's plenty of stupidity on both sides. People of all races, colors, creeds and persuasions died on those planes and in those towers... I as a Black man and a veteran did NOT cheer when the towers were hit, quite the opposite... I wanted to drag my uniform out of the closet and head to Afghanistan. There was no cheering in the South End, and none up in Arbor Hill. I don't know who this fool is speaking for but it wasn't for me...

Now Iraq is a different matter altogether... but I'm leaving that one alone...

Da Worfster :rolleyes:

3-LockBox
10-18-2004, 04:31 PM
with Falwell and Robertson blaiming 911 on liverals. There's plenty of stupidity on both sides.

Yes, there is plenty of stupidity and bigotry on both sides...

and liverals.

Worf101
10-19-2004, 06:16 AM
Yes, there is plenty of stupidity and bigotry on both sides...

and liverals.

I was wondering who was gonna catch that... now I know...
:rolleyes:

Da Worfster :D