Troy-labeling slim line cases? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Troy-labeling slim line cases?

Jim Clark
10-14-2004, 02:38 PM
I recall you menitoning this before but I don't recall. What font and what tpye size do you use for labeling slimline cases? I've got a bunch of DVD's in those cases and I'm going to use address labels to print the titles so we don't have to go bumbling through the stack. Figured this was easier than trial and error.

jc

JDaniel
10-15-2004, 04:49 AM
I recall you menitoning this before but I don't recall. What font and what tpye size do you use for labeling slimline cases? I've got a bunch of DVD's in those cases and I'm going to use address labels to print the titles so we don't have to go bumbling through the stack. Figured this was easier than trial and error.

jc

JC,

I bought a Casio label maker at Target ($15). I use that to make the labels. I also add a small strip of clear packing tape from a tape gun over it for longevity's sake. I don't want them peeling off in a couple of years. Best thing I've done for my cdr collection. It has 4 different font sizes. It has lots of other uses too (esp. the kids' school projects).

For my couple of shelves of comps, I even put the comp-maker's name in parentheses at the end. So I actually have easily accessible dedicated sections from most of you RRers. Lots of stuff from you, Davey, Slosh, jar, PPG, 3LB, tentoze, Mr. MidFi, Tug, Chip, jackson, a couple from stone, DLD, yech, Swish, Hyfi, audiobill, RPM, Troy, Skewiff, nobody, ForeverAutumn, J, Darren H., Geezer, and probably a few more I'm forgetting.

JD

Troy
10-15-2004, 07:06 AM
Hard to say on the exact pt size because every font is different and I use several and they are pretty obscure. Try 7-10 pts. Looks like a 10 pt Helvetica would work. Use all upper case so that there are no ascenders or descenders.

Figure that the spine is 1/8" tall, so have the type fit that size.

Put your glasses on.

Jim Clark
10-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Thanks guys, appreciate the tips. No I can find a use for all those address labels that have been taking up space for years.

Regards,
jc