Favorite topics for discussion [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Favorite topics for discussion

Davey
10-14-2004, 11:21 AM
So what's your favorite type of post to read and respond to around here? Or do you have one that's not listed that you'd care to mention? And talk about? :)

Just wondering.....

tentoze
10-14-2004, 01:45 PM
You left off "Giving Davey shyte."

Troy
10-14-2004, 02:11 PM
Most of them actually. I need to vote for more than one.

ForeverAutumn
10-14-2004, 05:34 PM
So what's your favorite type of post to read and respond to around here? Or do you have one that's not listed that you'd care to mention? And talk about? :)

Just wondering.....

I enjoy all of those topics. But I just had to go with aging rockers. I still get a chuckle when I think of Finchy's story about seeing Kansas and poisoning some lady's pig. :D

Davey
10-14-2004, 06:14 PM
I enjoy all of those topics. But I just had to go with aging rockers. I still get a chuckle when I think of Finchy's story about seeing Kansas and poisoning some lady's pig. :D
Yeah, those long, funny stories are the greatest. Troy wote a classic one too. What was it, Styx? Hehehe, hilarious. I'm actually kind of surprised that so many people are favoring album reviews since they don't seem to get much in the way of responses or views. I like them, but thought I was kind of alone in that. Love those funny stories but the album reviews and talk has helped me discover some true treasures that I would've probably never found any other way so I had to go with that one. But, if you've got a funny story to share, I'm all ears for that too :)

Stone
10-15-2004, 06:57 AM
I picked the last one. Those are the threads I like getting involved in the most. However, I do really enjoy the concert and album reviews, and the various stories told on this board. The reviews, especially if done well, don't usually lend themselves to much discussion. If it sounds interesting, I may post a question, but typically I'll just read other reviews of that album if I haven't already. I post very few reviews because I'm not good at it at all - I can describe a nail using 1000 words, but when it comes to music, it doesn't come easily for me.

Dusty Chalk
10-15-2004, 08:14 AM
I like it when we talk about music. I picked "album reviews", but that's probably giving more credit to the quality of our discussion than it's worth.

For example, the Tuesday thread. Sort of mini-reviews, but I couldn't see another category under which it fell, so...there ya go...

Jim Clark
10-15-2004, 02:49 PM
In terms of posts-I like pretty much all of them. It helps create the feeling of unity although perhaps familiarity is a better way of putting it. the flip side to that of course is that it's this same sense of familiarity that probably tends to keep this group relatively small. I think it takes a special (not in the sense Bryan would have used the term!) person to brave the waters and dive head first into this discussion board that deals with such a wide variety of subjects. I guess not everyone is comfortable doing that.

I guess what I querried KEXPMF about pretty much sums it up for me and that is that for the life of me I can't understand why this isn't the most popular desination on the net. For goodness sakes the amount of music I rec'd as a direct result of this site is truly staggering. I'm on my fouth comp book and that doesn't even begin to include the other perks, some of which showed up at my doorstep today (insert stoopid smiley here) In the end this is about more than the music for me it just happens that music is the pretext to keep the rest going.

I like reading 'em so keep 'em coming.

jc

audiobill
10-15-2004, 04:56 PM
Davey:

I like the comraderie, best of all. As my wife says, you finally have a place where you can discuss your music with other like-minded people & without the strange looks you'll get (at parties & from dear non-RR friends) whenever you mention a great artist you've just discovered.

As for your poll:

Album reviews

Meetings between fellow RR'ers

Personal family stories and reflections by fellow RR'ers

Music industry news

The Fiery Furnaces (and/or other modern eclectic indie rock type music)

are "all good" .....but (without irony, with a sniffle or two) it's the RRers who keep me coming back for more.

Hope you're having a great Friday night.
(Just got back from my daughter's hockey tourney: 1-0 and 5-1, first losses of the season, but great fun had by all) -- audiobill

Finch Platte
10-15-2004, 06:34 PM
...why doesn't anyone ever post a joke, toast or anecdote about nails, for Chrissake?

fp

DarrenH
10-15-2004, 07:39 PM
...why doesn't anyone ever post a joke, toast or anecdote about nails, for Chrissake?

fp

What, from that sledgehog game? Sonic Adventure?

Why should I know that?

Yup, Ive got a fully functioning Sega Dreamcast system.

Oh, btw, all topics interest me although I may not post to them.

Darren