Opinions on Natural Born Killers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on Natural Born Killers

Lord_Magnepan
10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Well its my favoriete movie of all times. I watched it at least 100 times already and i am still facinated by the deep thoughts in this movie on this "informational/sick modern world" we all live in.

What did you guys think of it?

Dusty Chalk
10-13-2004, 06:02 PM
I think it's a very witty movie, very cleverly written and executed.

...if you pardon the expression.

Retardking
10-15-2004, 06:17 AM
You guys liked Natural Born Killers that much? I did not care for that movie. It bored me to be completely honest. It seemed that Stone was trying way too hard to make this a monumental commentary on society, but just ended up like a student film with nice production values. If it would've ended when I thought it would, it would've been almost okay. But then it proceeds for another hour or so becoming very predictable as to what was going to happen. In fact the whole movie to me seemed very predictable. I really dislike Juliette Lewis too, so that made this movie even tougher for me to watch. Woody Harrelson was pretty solid. That's just how I saw it.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-15-2004, 10:31 AM
I liked this movie, but the first 5 minutes blew me away. I saw it in the theater first, and I admit, I have never seen a movie that had such intense violence in the first two minutes. It kinda took ne aback, and put me into shock!!!!

eisforelectronic
10-15-2004, 01:05 PM
Juliette Lewis bothers me as well. I did like the movie though.

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-15-2004, 02:41 PM
Juliette Lewis bothers me as well. I did like the movie though.

I like Juliette Lewis. She is a fairly decent actress, but a off the hook singer.

RGA
10-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Juliette Lewis was solid in Strange Days - a better film than this one too IMO

Natural Born I liked better on a second view - it's solidly made well shot reasonably well acted - but the shock insight isn;t really anything we didn't know about. It's a marginal film IMO. Stone's JFK and his Platoon, Born on the Fourth of July and Heaven and Earth trilogy I think are his best films.

GrendelZ
10-17-2004, 06:25 PM
I thought it was OK,a little to incoherent.It goes all over the place and goes a little too far,if it were more realistic it could be a lot better.VERY strong acting jobs all around,
Rodney Dangerfield steals the show.All in all a good movie but not in my top 50.