I'm running for President! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I'm running for President!

JSE
10-13-2004, 01:44 PM
And my only promise is that I will fight like hell to close our borders to "illegal" immigrants.

Why has this issue gone away? Neither Kerry nor Bush will to touch this with a 10 foot pole and no debate moderator has the cahones (sp?) to ask about it. Its probably one of the biggest issued we have today. IMO, its bigger than HealthCare, Taxes, Education, Homeland Security, etc. Why? Because I feel illegal immigration had a large negative impact on the other issues mentioned above. Especially in the southern states and border states. I'm not saying we should exclude everyone from entering into our country but let's make them do so legally. What's wrong with that?

I have said this before and I will say it again, I will vote for any candidate that promises to close the border to illegal immigration. If Kerry promises it, I would get someone to make my cold dead hand to pull the lever for Kerry. :p

Anyway, sorry for the rant but this really bugs me. As you guys probably know, I'm a Bush supporter this go-around but he has failed big time on this issue. So has Kerry.

JSE

karl k
10-13-2004, 02:54 PM
And my only promise is that I will fight like hell to close our borders to "illegal" immigrants.

Why has this issue gone away? Neither Kerry nor Bush will to touch this with a 10 foot pole and no debate moderator has the cahones (sp?) to ask about it. Its probably one of the biggest issued we have today. IMO, its bigger than HealthCare, Taxes, Education, Homeland Security, etc. Why? Because I feel illegal immigration had a large negative impact on the other issues mentioned above. Especially in the southern states and border states. I'm not saying we should exclude everyone from entering into our country but let's make them do so legally. What's wrong with that?

I have said this before and I will say it again, I will vote for any candidate that promises to close the border to illegal immigration. If Kerry promises it, I would get someone to make my cold dead hand to pull the lever for Kerry. :p

Anyway, sorry for the rant but this really bugs me. As you guys probably know, I'm a Bush supporter this go-around but he has failed big time on this issue. So has Kerry.

JSE
I say we forget about excluding Mexico and instead buy them out! Offer the mexican government pennies on the dollar for the acreage(and a place to escape to) and build the wall further south! The wall will be cheaper to build and easier to monitor, the new labor force can still be cheaper if it's done right, and you wouldn't need a passport or visa to vacation in sunny Cancun!:D You increase your tax base, reduce tarrifs, open up thousands of miles of beach front property for developement, and after the first hispanic is voted president of the "new" USA,(and subsequently impeached) they won't dare try that again! LOL

All jokes aside, I'm with you 100%. I think most Americans would be and that is what makes the lack of action on our governments part so disturbing. Because of the numbers of hispanics that can vote, our politicians are writing policy that would be the same as if Mexicans themselves COULD vote.

JSE
10-14-2004, 08:22 AM
Well, they did talk about it briefly in last night's debate.

Bush wants to give out worker passes to those who want to come here and work. What? How the hell are we going to monitor this and why would any of these workers ever want to go back? Can you imagine the size of the organization that would need to be put in place to monitor this and the cost? How will we pay for this? Bush's plan basically gives a free pass for people in other countries to come in and never leave. How is this different than what we have now? No one is going to follow up on these people. And why would someone from Mexico want to go through the red tape of having to get a pass when they can just walk right over the border? If they are caught, they get sent back and they try again. Bush's plan is pure pandering to the hispanic community. What a true disappointment. Bush has not intention of following through with this program. I will bet my paycheck that he never introduces this during his second term.

Kerry? Well, he said absolutely nothing of substance. He simply said he would work to secure the borders. Really? Care to go into any detail on how you will do this and when? Owls hooing......... What? Owls hooing......... Oh that's right, you have NO plan at all. Maybe he could use the money he will bring in from rescinding the top 1% tax break to pay for it? It was a great no answer from Kerry.

Nader? Any ideas from you?

JSE

SRO
10-14-2004, 08:46 AM
Actually, Bush said he would give temporary work permits to allow immigrants to work jobs that American citizens do not want. Sounds like a good plan on the surface. You made one good point on the enforcement. The other thing I thought of when I heard this was wages. If an employer can pay an immigrant $5.15 an hour, why wouldn't he? It doesn't make sense for me to take that job, I can make more on unemployment.

Agreed on Kerry also, except he also thinks a temporary work permit as well. o, it sounds to me like they both agree there.

topspeed
10-14-2004, 01:12 PM
The only person I've seen stand up to the exploding hispanic population is The Govenator. Here in Cali he stood by his promise to not allow illegal immigrants driver's licenses. Did he get picketed? Oh yeah. Did you hear false claims of discrimination on the news? You betcha. Is Arnold's popularity in the polls higher than ever? Yep. Sometimes, the silent minority isn't so silent.

That said, let's not forget about our "friends" to the north. Don't be fooled, the NHL lock-out has nothing to do with labor agreements or profit sharing, it has to do with Americans being sick of Canadian athletes dominating the sport! Geez, they act like they invented it or sumthin'! We've already taken the Expos back so once they shut down the Raptors (as if anyone would notice), we'll be able to safely close the border. Think about it, Canada's greatest contribution to America is...Celine Dion?!

They do make good beer tho...hmmm, on second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

JSE
10-14-2004, 01:39 PM
The only person I've seen stand up to the exploding hispanic population is The Govenator. Here in Cali he stood by his promise to not allow illegal immigrants driver's licenses. Did he get picketed? Oh yeah. Did you hear false claims of discrimination on the news? You betcha. Is Arnold's popularity in the polls higher than ever? Yep. Sometimes, the silent minority isn't so silent.

That said, let's not forget about our "friends" to the north. Don't be fooled, the NHL lock-out has nothing to do with labor agreements or profit sharing, it has to do with Americans being sick of Canadian athletes dominating the sport! Geez, they act like they invented it or sumthin'! We've already taken the Expos back so once they shut down the Raptors (as if anyone would notice), we'll be able to safely close the border. Think about it, Canada's greatest contribution to America is...Celine Dion?!

They do make good beer tho...hmmm, on second thought, maybe that's not such a good idea after all.

If old Arnie would stop illegal immigration, I would vote for an exeception to let him run for President.

As far as the NHL lockout goes, I say they need to suit up Celine and slap her skinny arse out on the ice. Now that would be exciting!

Good point about the Beer. No need to get hasty with the Canadians. I say, if they want to come illegally into the US, they better have a case of Moosehead with them. All with be forgiven. At least until the beer runs out and then their illegal arse is getting shipped back to Canada. To get more beer of course. :D

JSE