JBL and Alesis [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : JBL and Alesis

Darcher84
12-10-2003, 06:15 PM
I was woundering about this but which type of speakers do you guys think is better for music lovers? JBL S26II or Alesis Point 7?

FLZapped
12-11-2003, 10:15 AM
I was woundering about this but which type of speakers do you guys think is better for music lovers? JBL S26II or Alesis Point 7?

Well, first off, the Alesis speakers are nearfield monitors, the best I can tell. They seem to be obsolete. I guess if you are going to use them that way and they are also going to be near a computer monitor, they are shielded. They should would work well in that set-up

The JBLs are true bookshelf speakers, which will probably work better if that is your application.

Sorry to be confusing, but this isn't quite an apples- to-apples comparison.

-Bruce

Darcher84
12-11-2003, 12:44 PM
But will the JBL S26II speakers be better for listening to music like alternative rock and jazz and pop and techno?? Or the Alesis Point Seven monitors are good enough that I dont need the JBL S26II. I kinda forgot how they sound since its been a while since I had the JBL S26 but I thought it sounded better than my Alesis Point 7 I have now but I dont know.

FLZapped
12-15-2003, 06:41 AM
But will the JBL S26II speakers be better for listening to music like alternative rock and jazz and pop and techno?? Or the Alesis Point Seven monitors are good enough that I dont need the JBL S26II. I kinda forgot how they sound since its been a while since I had the JBL S26 but I thought it sounded better than my Alesis Point 7 I have now but I dont know.

Sorry, but I can't answer that one.....

-Bruce

muzicman20003
12-17-2003, 04:18 PM
Hey, i have an HT setup with all studio series, i have the s38ii for front s centerII for center, and the s26II for surround. I actually dont know much about the other speakers you are talking about, but i do know about the s26II. The first thing i did when i got them was hook them up to the left and right of my denon reciever the test the stereo imaging, imaging is great, sound is clear, be sure to let them break in though, it takes a while to get the tweeters broke in real well. the sound softens up with time. The only thing you might not like is the bass, i personaly think for a pair of 6 inch woofers they have plenty of bass. If you arent listening to any heavy rap or organ music you should be quit satisfied with them. I know i have been. Let me know what you decide.

muzicman