Deciding speakers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Deciding speakers

Darcher84
12-10-2003, 06:01 PM
I can say I first got was the JBL S26 speakers then after I sold them to Ebay and then I got the JBL S38 and sold then after a while then I got the Alesis Point 7. I still have the Alesis Point 7 studio monitors. Now I was going to ask everyone is that which speakers do you think will sound best for like in a bedroom. I think I am going to get the JBL S26II but what do you guys think? So to get to the point is which speakers out of those 3 are best for music lover?

RGA
12-11-2003, 12:01 PM
I can say I first got was the JBL S26 speakers then after I sold them to Ebay and then I got the JBL S38 and sold then after a while then I got the Alesis Point 7. I still have the Alesis Point 7 studio monitors. Now I was going to ask everyone is that which speakers do you think will sound best for like in a bedroom. I think I am going to get the JBL S26II but what do you guys think? So to get to the point is which speakers out of those 3 are best for music lover?

I jhave never heard of Alesis...but I'm no fan of JBL's speakers... The JBLs sound similar...some have more bass...

The only question is what sounds best to you, but try and get out there and listen to some other speakers. B&W, Energy, Paradigm, Mission, Wharfedale, Totem, Linn, JM Labs etc make speakers in this price range among others...depending on your musical taste some or all of these can be superior IMO to the JBLs.

Darcher84
12-11-2003, 12:43 PM
Well I can say I currently have one pair of JBL HLS410 and one pair of Alesis Point Seven monitors. I was planning to get the JBL S26II and I dont know if it would be worth getting them? I have my system hooked to my comp to and my music since my recever if connected to my PC.