Power centers? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Power centers?

madmax1
10-10-2004, 09:23 AM
I'm slowly buiding my HT system was wondering about a power station. Was looking at the Monster Powerbar are they worth it? and if so which one? They seem to have a good warranty on them if a spike or any damage to system should happen? Any help on this would be great! I have about $4000.00 into my system so far and still have more to get. So just need to know what i should be plugging everything into? Thanks for taking the time in advance!!

topspeed
10-10-2004, 10:21 PM
If you're looking into something that is a spike protector, there are some nice ones used for computer systems that aren't nearly as expensive as the Monster. If you are looking for a power conditioner OTOH, PS Audio pretty much created the genre and are recognized as one of, if not the best. Others to consider are Richard Gray's Power Co. and Chang Lightspeed. A friend who is an EE and devout skeptic to most of the hi-end's boutique "tweaks" couldn't believe the difference a power conditioner made to the quality of his video. The difference was so dramatic I think it actually bothered him in a way because it shouldn't have been that noticeable, if at all.

Good luck