HD DVR Kicks Ass Everyone should get one! [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HD DVR Kicks Ass Everyone should get one!

hershon
10-09-2004, 08:43 PM
I just started renting out from Time Warner Cable in LA their HD DVR (Scientific Atlanta Explorer 8000 HD) for $10 a month and to me the DVR is the greatest thing since sliced bread and definately worth the rental charge (I'm not sure how much this would cost me if I purchased seperately). The picture is a perfect HD picture for HD broadcasts and a perfect one for non HD recordings as well and very easy to use. This set I think records up to 40 hours of shows and you can record 2 shows at the same time (I'm not sure yet if you can record 2 shows while watching a different third one at the same time). Most of you guys probably already know this, but if you don't, I recommend you renting and/or buying one. It is so simple and easy to use without some of the stupid hassles and limitations of a VCR (which won' record HD). If you have $1500-$2000 you can get a good big screen HD TV and can probably get a good smaller HD TV for $700 or less. Believe me, everyhting posted up on this board about HD (ready) TV's is true, its the difference between night and day with regular TV's.