Speaking of Sparklehorse, Mark Linkous produced Nina Persson's new album "A Camp" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Sparklehorse, Mark Linkous produced Nina Persson's new album "A Camp"

Dusty Chalk
10-09-2004, 11:00 AM
Did you know that? How do you feel about that? I read some reviews, so picked it up. It's got a couple of good tracks, but it's not as good (to me) as the last Cardigans album. Track 11 slays me, though.

Davey
10-09-2004, 11:24 AM
That's actually at least two or three years old, isn't it? I've had it on my wishlist for a long time after audiobill talked it up around here and he might've put a song or two on a comp as well. Liked what I heard but never quite enough to bump it to the top of the list. She also does a couple songs with Linkous on his last one from that same period, the beautiful "Apple Bed" being one of them. Probably the same sessions. Tit for tat (what an odd expression, huh :confused: ). Still like to hear it, though I've never been much of a Cardigans fan.

MindGoneHaywire
10-09-2004, 12:31 PM
>I've never been much of a Cardigans fan

Really? That surprises me. What did you hear? Somehow I can't imagine you not liking Life, and I don't think that anything else they've done is nearly as good.

Davey
10-09-2004, 02:24 PM
Really? That surprises me. What did you hear? Somehow I can't imagine you not liking Life, and I don't think that anything else they've done is nearly as good.
I only have First Band on the Moon and haven't heard Life. I wasn't really paying much attention to what was popular back then so never got into them initially and FBOTM didn't do much for me, although I probably didn't give it much of a chance either. Lots of other sounds in the mid 90s that interested me more. Like I said, not much of a fan, but that's not to say that I couldn't have been with more exposure or that they're not a good band :)

MindGoneHaywire
10-09-2004, 04:34 PM
Well, we'll have to get you a Life then!

Dusty Chalk
10-09-2004, 09:52 PM
That's actually at least two or three years old, isn't it?double-checks year...2001...Oh, yeah, I guess it is.

Never mind.
though I've never been much of a Cardigans fan.I like how they're all over the place with every album. I think you'd like their last one the most, Long Gone Before Daylight. My personal favourite is still Gran Turismo. So...when you going to settle down, eh?