Best DLP out there? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Best DLP out there?

hemifever
10-09-2004, 02:31 AM
I'm leaning hard towards the Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I believe it has more features than the other similar cost DLPS's. I also feel the picture is better. Feedback?

AVMASTER
10-09-2004, 08:59 AM
I'm leaning hard towards the Mitsubishi 52" DLP. I believe it has more features than the other similar cost DLPS's. I also feel the picture is better. Feedback?
which features are important to you?

hemifever
10-09-2004, 12:07 PM
The features I prefer are digital audio (coax or fiber). Good brightness characteristics. As little fading going from side to side, up and down, as possible. I would like something that auto sensed 4:3 to 16:9 formats. Cable card slots aren't that important, but nice to have. I have seen that LG has a brightness problem, but not sure if their latest and greatest model experiences that.

AVMASTER
10-09-2004, 02:16 PM
The features I prefer are digital audio (coax or fiber). Good brightness characteristics. As little fading going from side to side, up and down, as possible. I would like something that auto sensed 4:3 to 16:9 formats. Cable card slots aren't that important, but nice to have. I have seen that LG has a brightness problem, but not sure if their latest and greatest model experiences that.
I don't sell Mits but after a quick web search looks like it has all the goodies however, if good brightness and off-axis viewing are crictical, might i suggest the JVC HD-ILA television. It's a reflective technology like DLP and a advance form of LCOS with a much brighter image than any other mircodisplay. All the features you've listed are available on model # HD-52Z795.

hemifever
10-10-2004, 03:46 AM
Thanks, I'll take a look at that model to see what its got.

Lord_Magnepan
10-10-2004, 01:48 PM
I saw "Runco" on the High End 2004. It blew my mind !! Also the big Marantz is nice too. It did cost 33000€. Add that to your short list too :p