Subs [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Subs

madmax1
10-07-2004, 06:21 PM
O.K im looking at three different subs now the Paradigm servo15, SVS PB2+, HSU VTF. Out of these three subs which whould be the best for a 20x15 room basement. Love Deep tight bass!! listen to rock,pop,jazz,oldies,classic rock,blues. Plus movies action,sci-fi stuff like that. So which should rock the house but be tight and not sloppy with all these different formats??? Or any other subs as well???? doesnt matter down firing or side i have no prefrence. I want to FEEL the bass not just hear it! Thanks for any inputs on this problem!!

Bryan
10-08-2004, 08:41 AM
The SVS and Paradigm are both top notch subs with the HSU a tad behind them. However, you may consider holding off a little while and checking out the upcoming Rocket UFW-12. Even dual UFW-10s may be more than enough for the room.

MrPorterhouse
10-08-2004, 03:18 PM
O.K im looking at three different subs now the Paradigm servo15, SVS PB2+, HSU VTF. Out of these three subs which whould be the best for a 20x15 room basement. Love Deep tight bass!! listen to rock,pop,jazz,oldies,classic rock,blues. Plus movies action,sci-fi stuff like that. So which should rock the house but be tight and not sloppy with all these different formats??? Or any other subs as well???? doesnt matter down firing or side i have no prefrence. I want to FEEL the bass not just hear it! Thanks for any inputs on this problem!!
Go for the Paradigm Servo 15. That thing HITS HARD! Nuff said. The SVS would be my second choice. Peace.

Geoffcin
10-08-2004, 03:40 PM

They have the cleanest bass of all the subs I've heard. Of course a sub like the big SVS is not likely to show much distortion until the floors start to buckle! For me though, if your already in this price range it's a smart bet to get the servo sub. Velodyne also makes servo subs, so if you get a chance check them out too.

N. Abstentia
10-08-2004, 06:02 PM
Another vote for the Servo 15. I ended my 3 year long sub search when I found it :)

Worf101
10-09-2004, 07:04 AM
I've both the VTF-2 and the VTF-3 and they're outstanding subs. And so reliable. 3 years on both and not a sqwack.

Da Worfster

madmax1
10-10-2004, 08:42 AM
O.K. i went and bought the Paradigm servo-15, Studio 20 for mains, CC-470 as center. Got it all hooked up last nite finished around 11:00 P.M. Did a quick test tone check got it close. dialed the sub to what the manual said to. It sounds good but today gonna get the SPL meter out and fine tune the system. Gonna order a setup disk but not sure which one to get to fine tune. Need one thats easy to use,not as techno as some of you guys on here! But reading alot on here and learning!! So if anyone has any advice on seting this system up that would be great! Have yamaha 1300 receiver,servo 15 sub,studio 20 mains,cc 470 center, could not get the rears yet ran out of money. So im using KLH in the rears for now.

Geoffcin
10-10-2004, 09:29 AM
O.K. i went and bought the Paradigm servo-15, Studio 20 for mains, CC-470 as center. Got it all hooked up last nite finished around 11:00 P.M. Did a quick test tone check got it close. dialed the sub to what the manual said to. It sounds good but today gonna get the SPL meter out and fine tune the system. Gonna order a setup disk but not sure which one to get to fine tune. Need one thats easy to use,not as techno as some of you guys on here! But reading alot on here and learning!! So if anyone has any advice on seting this system up that would be great! Have yamaha 1300 receiver,servo 15 sub,studio 20 mains,cc 470 center, could not get the rears yet ran out of money. So im using KLH in the rears for now.

Enjoy your system, I think you did the right thing. The Servo-15 should be able to both knock you out of your chair, and play tunefully without drawing attention to itself. As much setup as your going to do, you'll find that for different things, you'll want to change the setup. I've become accustom to changing the settings depending on whether it's HT, multichannel music, or live performance DVD. Don't feel you have to stick with any one setting.