What do Porcupine Tree, Vivaldi and Andromeda have in common? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What do Porcupine Tree, Vivaldi and Andromeda have in common?

kingcrim05
10-07-2004, 10:36 AM
....they should all be at my door early next week.

Porcupine Tree: In Absentia (DVD-Audio)
Vivaldi: Four Season / Concertos (DVD-Audio)
Andromeda: II=I (CD)

I own the in absentia cd and know the vivaldi music. The andromeda will be completely new to me(i can't get extension of the wish out of my head, EVER) and the dvd-audio's will be new for me as well.

How were the mixes on these dvd's for anyone that owns them on this board? Compliments? Complaints? Questions remaining?

Total came to $43.36 from DVD Empire (online) which included free shipping.

I can't wait.

N. Abstentia
10-07-2004, 01:31 PM
I wrote up a review of the Porcupine Tree DVD-A on my DVD-A page a while back. Go to www.chuckamuck.com and then to the 'music' section.

You might want to wait to hear it for yourself before reading it.

Troy
10-07-2004, 04:19 PM
Not to change the subjet or anything . . . but is that Will Ferrel playiong the cowbell for Chritopher Walken on SNL as your avatar?

More cowbell!!

Mr Peabody
10-09-2004, 01:18 PM
I can't answer your question but I have to comment on your musical taste. I have the same Porcupine Tree album and Vavaldi. My favorite recording of Four Seasons is the one I have done by the Ancient Musical Society. So I will have to check out this Andromeda. I have often wondered if others like me who enjoy some Prog rock also get into some classical music. Now I know there is at least two of us and I'm not totally alone. I have found that I am a big fan of the Baroque period.

I still listen to my vinyl and don't have duplicates on cd. I find it interesting that you would buy the same thing on another format. Please come back and let us know how they compare. So far the little I have heard of 5 channel music I did not enjoy it. I'm sure that's probably what they said when stereo came in. But 5 channel music takes any realism right out of the music for me.

N. Abstentia
10-09-2004, 02:41 PM
What? You don't double dip?? I've bought 6 different versions of Queensryche's Empire! :)

The 5 channel mix can take the realism slap out if it's not done right. However if it is done right, you won't go back to plain vanilla 2 channel again!