Jeepers Creepers [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Jeepers Creepers

JDaniel
10-06-2004, 08:15 AM
This site has been blocked for months now. My only chance to post is at home on weekends. So a minute ago I accidentally click on the link in my favorites, and BOOM, I'm here. Not blocked. Don't know why, but I'm glad.

Greetings amigos.

JD

jack70
10-06-2004, 08:58 AM
I only visit here every few weeks these days, so I ought'a give a shout-out while I'm here... LOL.

Thanks for the Lucinda Williams comp. I got her 98 album (Wheels... Gravel Rd) back when it came out and loved it. I'd always intended to get some other things by her, but hadn't got around to it yet (a familiar story with hundreds of artists on my want lists... LOL). So how'd you know that? BTW, 3 of the 5 cuts you included on your comp from that CD were "check-marked" in my notebook (which means we're on the same wavelength).

98 was perhaps the best year of the 90's for music. I'd also recommend Patty Griffin's "Flamin Red" from that year. Both are really good songwriters and singers in the Bonnie Rait style.

Glad you all survived those Hurricanes OK (?)
All is good up here... my niece's xx-try team is unbeaten...hoops season starts next week (men & women will try to defend 2 national titles)... the Patriots are doing well... and the CT Sun play for the WNBA title this wekend (3 miles down the road). I only wish the summer stayed a bit longer... we got our first frost last night. Cya...

http://www.nuzzi.net/images/Emeka_and_DT_SI_small.jpg

Dave_G
10-06-2004, 08:58 AM
Welcome, I hope the baby is well!

You know, UGA plays UT this weekend.

Dave

JDaniel
10-06-2004, 09:24 AM
Welcome, I hope the baby is well!

You know, UGA plays UT this weekend.

Dave
Yeah, I'm aware of the big game. And I was looking forward to it until Auburn made us look like a junior varsity team last week. And of course the dawgs absolutely pummelled LSU. Pollack is insanely good. Scary good. He'll have our freshmen QBs for lunch. On nat'l TV.

But hey, it could be worse. We could be Miss. St.

Hey - I'm headed back to Atlanta Nove 17-18. Lunch or dinner perhaps? Drop some cash in Tower Records?

JD

JDaniel
10-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Jackson, you are most welcome for the comp. Now I'm only 13 or so in the hole to you.

Hoops really start that soon? Thank God you guys finally graduated Taurasi. She did graduate, right?

JD

tentoze
10-06-2004, 11:23 AM
Welcome back around in the daylight, duder..........

Dusty Chalk
10-06-2004, 05:42 PM
Raise? You're lucky we don't fire you...now get back to work!

Finch Platte
10-07-2004, 04:16 AM
Wassup!?

fp

JDaniel
10-07-2004, 10:44 AM
Wassup!?

fp
I thought you were on some self-imposed hiatus from this board, and from the internet in general? Even giving up your internet connection? Getting a real life with real friends yadayadayada?

Or was that just like one of your comps, a joke? ;)

JD

Dave_G
10-07-2004, 11:15 AM
Finchie-poo crashed on his bike and hit his noggin and it knocked his sense back into him so he posts again!

I reckon.

Yes we can hook up when you visit next month, Tower will be beckoning!

Dave

JDaniel
10-07-2004, 11:21 AM
Yes we can hook up when you visit next month, Tower will be beckoning!

Dave
If we do hook up in Atlanta, do you think I could finally get my copy of that Gov't Mule comp your promised back in 1998??? :D

JD

Dave_G
10-07-2004, 12:26 PM
JD,

That GOV'T+MULE comp spontaneously combusted so I can't get it to you.

Actually I think I still have it, I will see.

If not, well, you can just buy all the Mule cd's at Tower.

Hell, that'll only set ya back about 100 clams!

Dave

Chip_B
10-07-2004, 06:55 PM
This site has been blocked for months now. My only chance to post is at home on weekends. So a minute ago I accidentally click on the link in my favorites, and BOOM, I'm here. Not blocked. Don't know why, but I'm glad.

Greetings amigos.

JD
I finally found your Lucinda comp in a pile of paperwork on my desk (at home), so it's sitting next to my car keys. I'll finally get a chance to listen to it on the way to work. Thanks for sending it!

I'd say "welcome back" but I post so little myself that I don't exactly feel like a regular myself.

Hope all is well with the baby and family.

-Chip