What exactly is a surround effects loudspeaker? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : What exactly is a surround effects loudspeaker?

Thomsoad
10-06-2004, 08:11 AM
I have seen this type of speaker but I am not exactly sure how it is to be utilized.
Are they an enhanced center rear speaker or are they a "specialty" speaker? I run a 6.1 and am wondering where this type of speaker would fit in my system. Any help or info would be appreciated.

hifimaster
10-06-2004, 11:37 AM
Please provide brand/model numbers for the speakers you are refering to. "Surround effects loudspeaker" is a broad term which could mean many things.

James

Thomsoad
10-06-2004, 02:37 PM
My fault I will be more specific. The type of speaker I am referring to are the likes of the Infinity BETA ES250

This Guy
10-06-2004, 04:07 PM
are you talking about those extra two channels only Yamaha receivers have?

PAT.P
10-14-2004, 08:52 PM
:)
I have seen this type of speaker but I am not exactly sure how it is to be utilized.
Are they an enhanced center rear speaker or are they a "specialty" speaker? I run a 6.1 and am wondering where this type of speaker would fit in my system. Any help or info would be appreciated.
They can be used as back surround or left and right side surround ! I run only a 5.1 and using them on the back wall 3feet above couch head rest! I'll had two more when I buy a 7.1 to put on side wall !Mine are DAHLQUIST QX-RA special effects speaker.I audition the jbl and paradigm (had no switch for dipole) polk audio did'nt have the low to my taste and the klipsch did'nt cut it also with their horn ! These speaker are the future of surround sound ( dolby digital and dolby prologic processing) check out the dalquist site or audioshop web page (mark hallam will be glad to give you more info ) YOU wont regret know matter what !!!! and they dont take room on floor ! PAT.P