"Hey we're all gonna get laid!!!!" [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : "Hey we're all gonna get laid!!!!"

Worf101
10-06-2004, 05:58 AM
Rodney was a "one trick pony" but it was very often one very funny trick. RIP Mr. Dangerfield. In death may you find the "respect" you so often sought in life.

Da Worfster :(

eqm
10-06-2004, 07:08 AM
that completely blows. i knew he was having trouble for a while but from all accounts it appeared he was recovering. of course he looked old for the last 25 years. he's in two of my faves, caddyshack and back to school (the triple lindy was awesome). rest well my man!

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-06-2004, 07:48 AM
Jeeze, I thought I was going to score tonight! Dang!!!! I had the oportunity to see Rodney's stage act. I never laughed so hard in my life! I liked him in Ladybug with Jackee'. Thanks for all the laughter you have given me Rodney. Rest well.

alumpkin
10-06-2004, 07:54 AM
I heard about his death yesterday and all I could think about was Caddyshack; by far one of my favorite comedies. He will definitely be missed and fortunately he left behind some great movies.

And eqm, I totally agree, Back to School was a good one too.

dean_martin
10-06-2004, 09:33 AM
My all-time favorite standup performance is the collection of performances on "Nothin' Goes Right." It was recorded at Rodney's club in the 80's. My friends and I used to rent it all the time during my first year in college. It was the first time I was exposed to Andrew Dice Clay. This may have been the first time he did his nursery rhyme routine for a tv viewing audience. I later appreciated Rodney's ability to spot comedic talent.

Nothin' goes right, I tell ya
It's not easy bein me, I tell ya
and of course - I don't get no respect, I tell ya

ericl
10-06-2004, 10:45 AM
I always thought Rodney Dangerfield (fka Jacob Cohen) was great. on the npr freshair website, you can download a pretty good recent interview of him:

http://freshair.npr.org/day_fa.jhtml?display=day&todayDate=10/06/2004

no one talks about this role for fairly obvious reasons, but I thought he was scary as hell as juliette lewis' sexual abuser father in "Natural Born Killers"

-eric

Dusty Chalk
10-06-2004, 05:52 PM
He was perfect for that role.

RIP, Mr. Rodney Dangerfield. :(

Kam
10-07-2004, 08:17 AM
Hey baby, you musta been something before electricity!
He called me a baboon, he thinks i'm his wife!

always seems extra sad to me when a comedian dies.
peace
k2