HDTV tuner with coaxial digital sound output... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : HDTV tuner with coaxial digital sound output...

depressed
10-06-2004, 12:38 AM
Hi! My receiver has only 2 inputs for digital sound: one optical and one coaxial. I use the optical one for my DVD player. I want to buy an HDTV "over the air" tuner that has a coaxial digital sound output. I don't feel comfortable switching the optical cables for the DVD player and the HDTV tuner every time I want to switch from DVD's to over the air broadcast, besides the tip of the cable might get damaged and the cable ruined. I was going through a lot of manufacturers and retailers sites but was unable to confirm which ones have it, the specs only say that it has digital sound output or they say thay have optical output.
What HDTV tuner can you recommend?
Thank You! :)

AVMASTER
10-06-2004, 04:40 AM
Sylvania 6900DTD

sy_lu
10-07-2004, 10:51 AM
I have Zenith with coaxial output. Not a great box in terms of features but get the basic job done.

BRANDONH
10-07-2004, 12:33 PM
SAMSUNG SIR-T151 RECEIVER has both optical and coaxial digital outputs
http://www.nextag.com/buyer/outpdir.jsp?nxtg=63343a_E8C5D03DF48E53ED&OVRAW=Samsung+SIR-T151+HDTV+Terrestrial+Receiver&OVMTC=advanced&search=samsung+sir-t151+hdtv&OVKEY=samsung+sir+t151+hdtv

depressed
10-07-2004, 11:11 PM
Thanks! How come only the most expensive tuners have their inputs specified? :)
Thanks for the responses, and the help with making my choice!