Who can tell me about Jadis? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Who can tell me about Jadis?

3-LockBox
10-05-2004, 10:14 PM
Most of the reviews I've read are very polarized...has anyone here heard of these guys.

I'm also looking into getting <b>Glass Hammer</b>'s <i>Shadowlands</i>, based on rave reviews I've read everywhere.

And man oh man, I pulled out <b>King Crimson</b>'s <i>Larks</i> and <i>Red</i> over the weekend and I really think that a lot of people missed the boat on these great albums back in the '70s. Been a few months since I listened to these and I'm more impressed by them now then I was at first listen. I wanted to buy <i>Starless And Bible Black</i>, but I can't find it anywhere.

Dave_G
10-06-2004, 05:12 AM
Whaddaya want to know about Jadis?

I have 3 of their cd's and their dvd.

They are "prog lite".

Imagine a fluffy kind of IQ with a kind of monotone lead vocals.

The dude from IQ plays bass for them.

Their older material is less fluffy.

Still decent tho but not way high on my neo list.

Dave

BarryL
10-06-2004, 06:52 AM
Whaddaya want to know about Jadis?

I have 3 of their cd's and their dvd.

They are "prog lite".

Imagine a fluffy kind of IQ with a kind of monotone lead vocals.

The dude from IQ plays bass for them.

Their older material is less fluffy.

Still decent tho but not way high on my neo list.

Dave

It took me a long time to get into their most recent CD. I now think it's okay rather than a complete dud. If you want to try them, find the release before this one. I can't remember the name, but look them up at www.allmusic.com.

Now, if you want a real treat, get on the net and order Nathan Mahl's Heretic Vol. 3. This is the first album I have by this band. It's a single 50 minute track with no vocals, other than a brief female introduction. The sound quality is a bit tinny, but this disk is killer prog. The lead guy, Guy LeBlanc has recently toured with Camel. It's heavy on melody, and kicking with good musical ideas. I bought my copy at amazon.ca for $16.99 Canadian, which is about $12.00 US. Do it now. You won't be sorry.

Dusty Chalk
10-06-2004, 05:31 PM
And man oh man, I pulled out <b>King Crimson</b>'s <i>Larks</i> and <i>Red</i> over the weekend and I really think that a lot of people missed the boat on these great albums back in the '70s. Been a few months since I listened to these and I'm more impressed by them now then I was at first listen. I wanted to buy <i>Starless And Bible Black</i>, but I can't find it anywhere.Oh, man, find it, you're going to love it. Red is my favourite of the three (only because it's so accessible), but if you can "handle" Larks..., you'll enjoy Starless... as well.

I got nuthin' on Jadis.

BarryL
10-07-2004, 06:13 AM
Oh, man, find it, you're going to love it. Red is my favourite of the three (only because it's so accessible), but if you can "handle" Larks..., you'll enjoy Starless... as well.

I got nuthin' on Jadis.

I recently picked up Starless used in Portland, and I don't know how I missed this great album all of these years. I've been trying to find the other KC with Wetton/Bruford locally, but they aren't that easy to find anymore.