Does Aerosmith have just one song, (subtitled, have you ever called a radio station?) [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does Aerosmith have just one song, (subtitled, have you ever called a radio station?)

Finch Platte
12-10-2003, 12:39 PM
Jeezus. The classic rawk station I listen to at work (there's nothing else to listen to, believe me) plays the same damn songs over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over over and over and over and over.

I heard 'Dream On' this morning for the umpteenth time, and I felt like calling the station to give them a piece of my mind. I should probably do it now, now that I've simmered down a bit- if I had called earlier, I might have said something that looked like this: **** ****** *** ********! ******* ** **********, *** *********!

I can't understand the thinking behind their playlists. Are there actually people out there that want to hear the same songs by the same bands, over and over, etc.?

I know, old rant, sorry. I feel better now. Ooh, wait! 'More That A Feeling!' Woohoo!!!

Anyone ever called to complain? Did it help?

fp

DarrenH
12-10-2003, 01:09 PM
I once called my local classic rock radio station during their request hour and asked them to play some Robin Trower. They said they didn't have any Trower. I then asked for some other band that I can't remember at present and they said they didn't have that band either. The DJ then said, "How about some Led Zeppelin?". I thought, well okay play "The Rover" then. They didn't have that song and recommended another. It was like they had already formulated their playlist for this so-called request hour. I never called back and since that time they have done away with any sort of request hour. I guess those days are gone. I don't listen to the radio except in my work vehical and then I try to find something other than music like sports talk or public radio or AM talk.

jasn
12-10-2003, 01:34 PM
Can you stream your pc at work? I have posted this here before but I'm gonna do it again....

http://www.3wk.com/

I'm telling you, this site is amazing. No commercials, no blabbing. Try their underground feed for today's stuff. A lot of what you read about here. A lot. Try the classic underground rock feed to hear stuff you either forgot existed or never knew about back in the "good old days".

Use their free, low bandwidth feed to sample. If you like, find both on MS Media Player's Radio Tuner (under Rock or Classic Rock) for a much better sound. I run both the site and MP at the same time (with the actual site turned off) because I am always wondering who it is they are playing.

Try it and report back.

This is not spam.

Now Playing: Shins: Turn a Square or Jefferson Airplane: Shizoforest Love Suite

JDaniel
12-10-2003, 01:52 PM
Zepplin - Stairway to Heaven
Eagles - Hotel California
Doobies - Black Water
Allman Bros - Ramblin Man
Lynrd Skynrd - Freebird
Rolling Stones - Start Me Up
CCR - Proud Mary
Tull - Aqualung
Hendrix - Purple Haze
J. Joplin - Me and Bobby McGee
Rod Stewart - Maggie May
Fleetwood Mac - Go Your Own Way
AC/DC - H3lls B3lls
ZZ Top - Fandango
Pink Floyd - Another Brick In The Wall
Clapton - Layla
Edgar Winter - Frankenstein
The Who - My Generation
Yes - Roundabout
Neil Young - Heart of Gold
CSN - Southern Cross

Do you bet there's a classic rock station anywhere in America that could go one hour without playing a song from this list?

I do hate radio.

JD

Finch Platte
12-10-2003, 02:09 PM
Can you stream your pc at work? I have posted this here before but I'm gonna do it again....

We have speakers hooked up to FM that broadcast over the store. Illegal, si. There's no way I could hook up the computer to play thru the stereo, esp. since we are billed by the minute for dial-up. That would cost a pretty penny!

I'll check out the site when I get home- thanks! If you call my house & can't get thru, that'll be why ;)

fp

JSE
12-10-2003, 02:19 PM
Satellite radio is looking better and better everyday. Houston has the worst radio stations in the world, bar none. Our "New Rock" station plays Eminem and Outcast all the time. "New Rock"'? They play about 1 newer rock song every hour or so. They play "newer" songs during one hour at night called the Nightly News. I hardly ever listen to FM radio anymore. When at home, I will listen to Music Choice on my digital cable.

JDaniel,

Just turned on the radio here at work to the classic rock station. Swear to God, they are playing Freebird. LOL!

JSE

Smokey
12-10-2003, 03:34 PM
It is the same in my neck of the wood. I have two local Rock stations and anytime I tune them in, they are either playing Rollingstone, Bad Company, LedZepplin or Bob Seger. It is truly a sad affair :(

Luckily I have satellite with 60 music audio channels :)

Dusty Chalk
12-10-2003, 04:14 PM
Dude, you need to discover MP3 players.

Swish
12-11-2003, 09:18 AM
We have speakers hooked up to FM that broadcast over the store. Illegal, si. There's no way I could hook up the computer to play thru the stereo, esp. since we are billed by the minute for dial-up. That would cost a pretty penny!

I'll check out the site when I get home- thanks! If you call my house & can't get thru, that'll be why ;)

fp

out of Ohio. They play some really fine toons with very little interruption.
Click on http://www.woxy.com/broad.shtml and give them a shot.

NP: WOXY via live streaming.

jasn
12-12-2003, 12:46 PM
3wk.com now playing Clearlake: It's All Too Much/Treat Yourself WIth Kindness/Trees in the City; from Cedars. This sounds great, and calls for my wallet. Is it a good sample of how the rest of the CD sounds?

(Segue into Strange by Built to Spill)