Sleepytime Gorilla Museum @ The Eye [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Sleepytime Gorilla Museum @ The Eye

DPM
10-05-2004, 04:00 PM
Last night, at a recently opened venue here in the burgh, I received my second exposure to the live onslaught of S.G.M. The first time I saw them was at Nearfest 2002 in Trenton, and they definitely made an impression on me. But as good as that show was, the great thing about last night's performance was I was able to stand just a few feet from the band and view their musical mayhem point blank. As far as progressive rock goes, this band is the real deal. And they accomplish the task without guitar/keyboard wankery or castrated yelping.

The majority of their one hour set featured material from their soon-to-be-released CD, Of Natural History. They then closed the show with two tracks (Sleep Is Wrong and Powerless) from Grand Opening And Closing. During the performance the guitarist got a few laughs from the crowd with his off-kilter sense of humor. Afterward, the band members were very friendly and talked freely with audience members. They even managed to sell a few CDs and t-shirts. Unfortunately, their new CD was not available yet. For those who are interested, Of Natural History will be available October 25th.

Dave M

Finch Platte
10-05-2004, 05:58 PM
When a band comes out & talks w/ the fans?

Anyhoo- thanks for the heads-up. They sound vetty interesting.

fp

Dave_G
10-06-2004, 06:28 AM
I heard a few of this bands toons and well it's weird stuff to me.

Maybe live they are cool.

Dave