New Dream Theater Souvenir [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : New Dream Theater Souvenir

BarryL
10-05-2004, 10:28 AM
I just picked up the DVD of the 2004 DT tour, Live at Budokan. The concert was released as a three CD set and a two DVD set.

The DVD has one disk with the concert, which is contained on the three DVDs, plus a bunch of bonus material.

The DVD cost $27.99 CDN, but the CD set cost $28.99. I'd rather have the audio and the video for less money. Good deal.

Luis31
10-06-2004, 07:21 AM
Yep,

I got my copy yesterday from Best Buy. Took a quick look at it and I must say, this is the Dream Theater "live" DVD we all have been waiting for. Far superior to the Scenes from New York DVD. The 5.1 surround mix is great and the video transfer is pretty good.

I will watch both disc this weekend...

-Luis31

BarryL
10-06-2004, 07:57 AM
Yep,

I got my copy yesterday from Best Buy. Took a quick look at it and I must say, this is the Dream Theater "live" DVD we all have been waiting for. Far superior to the Scenes from New York DVD. The 5.1 surround mix is great and the video transfer is pretty good.

I will watch both disc this weekend...

-Luis31

I haven't watched mine yet, either. But I hope it is as good as you imply. I saw then on this tour, and they were dynomite. And the best part is I don't have to watch it all in one sitting. I find that they can be a bit much at times.

MasterCylinder
10-06-2004, 12:09 PM
.........they got it right on a DVD release.

I got notice from Amazon yesterday that my copy is in the mail and on its way.
I'll check it out when I get time between baseball play-off games.........woohoo.

I am VERY hopeful that this DVD is as good as all the promo hype claims it to be.

Luis31
10-06-2004, 12:45 PM
MasterCylinder,

I took a quick look at it last night, played "As I am" and immediately noticed the audio, video transfer and the overall production being a lot better than the "Scenes from New York" DVD. I also played "Stream of Consciousness" and was pretty impressed. My wife walked into the TV room and commented on the sound quality, she was impressed, too.

I will watch it in its entirety this weekend, chillin' on my recliner with a few "ice cold ones"...

-Luis31