Polk Speaker Advice ? [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Polk Speaker Advice ?

Marc B.
10-04-2004, 04:25 PM
What do you think about Polk RT55i Fronts

Polk CS400i Center

PolkRT25i Rear

VelodyneCHT-12 Subwoofer?
Thanks for any advice?
Thanks,
Marc

C Bennett
10-16-2004, 07:39 AM
I think thats a nice value set up for you. I have older Polk S4's and have really liked them since I bought them. I think you will be happy. Could you afford to step up to a SVS or HSU sub? They are not that much more and are better performers IMO. I say that and I have a Atlantic Technology T70 Sub but it was a money/space/WAF thing The sub cost me only $179(it was a blowout deal) I don't really need any more than that, and the wife said nothing bigger than what we got and I did not have the $$$ for a SVS/HSU cause I had to get a new HT Receiver also since the old one was just regular old pro logic and I wanted to step up to modern technology :). But I did hear SVS/HSU and in their price range they are pretty much the standard others get measured by(again just my oppinion but its shared by MANY others on those subs).

eisforelectronic
10-17-2004, 03:49 AM
How about 4 RT55i's?

N. Abstentia
10-17-2004, 08:20 AM
I almost bought the 55i's when Crutchfiled had them for $299/pr. a while back. They were very good speakers, but I just decided to go ahead and get what I really wanted (Paradigm Studio's) but the Polks are nice if you are getting a good price on them.

C Bennett, I also still have a pair of S4's. I use them in the basement. I worked at a Polk dealer at the time and I bought them when they first came out. They represented a radical re-design for Polk at that time!

C Bennett
10-17-2004, 01:59 PM
I almost bought the 55i's when Crutchfiled had them for $299/pr. a while back. They were very good speakers, but I just decided to go ahead and get what I really wanted (Paradigm Studio's) but the Polks are nice if you are getting a good price on them.

C Bennett, I also still have a pair of S4's. I use them in the basement. I worked at a Polk dealer at the time and I bought them when they first came out. They represented a radical re-design for Polk at that time!

I would like to get another 2 S4's for 2 rear surrounds. I still think they sound great and look/sound like new still.

N. Abstentia
10-17-2004, 06:12 PM
I had a pair of S6's to match my S4's but gave them to a guy who did some work on my house. I'm an idiot.