Does anybody have I Robot [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Does anybody have I Robot

Jim Clark
12-10-2003, 11:23 AM
By Alan Parsons on dvda. It is so expensive to buy here $42.95

Ooh, no but that does sound good doesn't it? I only have the original very poorly recorded CD but a gracious member (name ommited to avoid a lawsuit) was kind enough to set me up with a copy what I think he called a DAD-digital audio disc which sounds superior to me. As I recall that disc was very expensive too and is no longer available. I haven't even started on the high res stuff yet. I wonder why that title in particular is priced so high?

jc

(edit) PS. This time bug really should be addressed. On my screen my reply came in a minute ahead of your post. I really hope this gets fixed soon.

Over50
12-10-2003, 11:24 AM
By Alan Parsons on dvda. It is so expensive to buy here $42.95

Dave_G
12-10-2003, 11:44 AM
I have it on MFSL lp and it sounds excellent.

Don't have it on cd though.

Dave

Over50
12-10-2003, 11:45 AM
But that is US Funds, it might still be a little cheaper going that way. Remember the tune The Voice.

DarrenH
12-10-2003, 11:50 AM
But that is US Funds, it might still be a little cheaper going that way. Remember the tune The Voice.

The Canadian $ has improved quite a bit against the U.S. $. Right now the U.S. $ is worth $1.30 Canadian. Just a short while ago it was around $1.50.

I'm not interested in the high rez formats such as DVDA or SACD at this moment. I don't have a player that will play those formats for one thing but the thought of starting another collection of silver discs isn't that appealing either.

I have the MFSL LP version of I Robot. It's waaaaay to bright. Sounds terrible actually. I have the older CD version and it sounds better to me than the Mofi LP.

Always liked that song "Some Other Time".

Darren

Dusty Chalk
12-10-2003, 07:32 PM
Not yet.

Grblgrbl
12-12-2003, 06:28 AM
I have the Mofi cd, which sounds great.