Reconditioned Receiver Denon AVR-3805 [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Reconditioned Receiver Denon AVR-3805

rajx7
10-03-2004, 04:22 PM
Has anyone of you guys used reconditioned receivers in the past. Just wanted to know if they were any way inferior to the original ones and worth taking the risk. Specifically I am looking at Denon AVR-3805 being sold for $699 at www.ecost.com. Do you think if it is worth a buy and what could be the risks in buying it. Thanks in advance.
rajx7

hershon
10-03-2004, 05:11 PM
As a rule of thumb, if I'm getting something off Ebay whether its sealed new or not, unless it is a one of a kind hard to find new or otherwise item, I'll only bid if the savings after shipping will be 40% or more. In your case, I'd see what the sellers feedback is, and if you're not saving over $250 including shipping costs, then your taking a risk I personally wouldn't do.

Has anyone of you guys used reconditioned receivers in the past. Just wanted to know if they were any way inferior to the original ones and worth taking the risk. Specifically I am looking at Denon AVR-3805 being sold for $699 at www.ecost.com. Do you think if it is worth a buy and what could be the risks in buying it. Thanks in advance.
rajx7

rajx7
10-03-2004, 05:35 PM
Hershon thanks for your perspective. I like your rule of thumb.