Yamaha problem... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Yamaha problem...

Lord Nikon
10-03-2004, 08:43 AM
I have the HTR5650 or something like that... I went and picked up componet wires for my new tv and hooked it up through the receiver. I only have componet for my dvd player, and now the on-screen display doesn't work now. It did work before when I used rca's but now it does not. I have the componet wires going from dvd to receiver, then from receiver to tv. Any ideas?

kfalls
10-04-2004, 04:35 AM
I'm not sure about the Yamahas, but on my Denon AVR-3300 you could not view the OSD with component video. I had to connect the receiver to another input of the TV with S-Video to setup the receiver using OSD. I'm not sure of the reason, but the issue was noted in the manual.

alumpkin
10-04-2004, 05:59 AM
I have never owned a Yamaha before and I might be way off, but have you checked the dvd player setup menu if it has one. I know that my old Panasonic dvd player had an internal menu that was used to setup whether my tv was widescreen vs regular and what audio output to output (I found this when I realized my dvd player was not outputting DTS). Anyway, just a thought, but again probably does not have anything to do with it.

Lord Nikon
10-04-2004, 11:39 AM
Maybe I can rig something up to get it to work. :) If not, what a bummer!

uncooked
10-04-2004, 03:19 PM
Can you check to see what model you have? I have the 5650 and am 99% sure it doesnt have onscreen setup.... i think the 5660 does.

Woochifer
10-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Does the OSD work with the S-vid and composite video outputs? I know that with older Yamaha models, the receivers that did not include component video upconversion also did not transmit the OSD. I believe that with your model, Yamaha does not do the component video upconversion, so if it does come with OSD (and I know that past models in your price range did not) you might get it with the other video output except component video.