I have returned............... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : I have returned...............

Celtic Bob
10-02-2004, 06:46 AM
Hey All,
I have returned after a lengthly leave of absence. I was originally Beatlebob but changed it to Celtic Bob just before I left the forum. Anyhow I am back for good (hopefully). Since I left I've seen a few shows, met allot of great people and did a small bit of travel. What's happening with everyone here??
Ahhhh, good to be back.
cb

Slosh
10-02-2004, 07:06 AM
What's happening with everyone here??

Oh, the usual. Only there's less of us here now. Any new discoveries while you were away?

Celtic Bob
10-02-2004, 07:16 AM
Not many "New" discoveries as such BUT I did get back into allot of the bands I grew up with in the 80's. I got to see HELIX 3 times and became friends with the band over the course of the summer. I am apparently in their upcoming DVD according to the singer. The only real new band I have taken a liking to is Naked Beggars. It features the bass player of Cinderella with his wife on vocals. Since the cd came out the guitar player left and the Cinderella guitar player has joined. It's a great RnR album. Other than that it's been allot of 80's bands and 80's styled stuff.

Slosh
10-02-2004, 07:52 AM
I went to a friend's last night and they were playing the Fastway debut album and I admit I enjoyed it quite a bit. One of the few 80s pop-metal albums that still stands up today, for me at least.

I had the first two Helix albums when I was in junior high but they were stolen at a party (by out-of-towners that I didn't know). I don't miss them :o

Celtic Bob
10-02-2004, 08:01 AM
Fastway's first album. I used to have that back then on LP. Wish I still had it.

As for Helix.....I just finished making a 2cd comp of them for the car/garage. Thats part of what made me think of this board again, along with the fact I just came across "RRSV 1-3" in my cd collection. Is that series still on the go? What is it up to now??

Slosh
10-02-2004, 09:31 AM
. . .along with the fact I just came across "RRSV 1-3" in my cd collection. Is that series still on the go? What is it up to now??

I don't have any of the RRSV comps but that was sort of replaced with the CRS comps, which is kind of the same thing only with the focus on newer music.

I think it ended with CRSv9 but I'm sure someone will eventually want to take up the reigns with v10. Can't be me though 'cause I don't have the time. Besides, I already did one (v3).

Celtic Bob
10-02-2004, 09:34 AM
I already did one (v3).

You were RPM???
I was Beatlebob. We did that one!!!! Cool.

I guess it's time for me to play catch up with the comps. I was organizing them today and decided to check back in. Does anyone still have that site with ALL the comps listed on it???

Slosh
10-02-2004, 09:50 AM
You were RPM???

Ack, the horror! No, not RPM. He still posts every so often.

Celtic Bob
10-02-2004, 09:52 AM
Ack, the horror! No, not RPM. He still posts every so often.

LOL
I saw on the back of RRSV3 that RPM and myself compiled that one so when you said you did Vol.3 i assumed you were RPM.