Watched Hildago last night [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : Watched Hildago last night

Sir Terrence the Terrible
10-01-2004, 04:01 PM
I didn't even know this movie was released to theaters(where in the hell have I been?)

I liked this movie though I could not imagine that it did well in the theaters. Aside from a slow laborious middle part, the pacing was very good. Though time and time again I kept saying to myself "Indiana, Indiana". IMO, the horse stole the show at some points, but Viggo Mortensen would be a perfect next generation Indiana Jones.

Picture quality wise it was just average. While colors were well resolved, and black levels pretty good, on occasion shadow detail would be swallowed up by excessive black levels. There was absolutely no background detail to speak of, as the background seemed out of focus a great majority of the time. There was no edge enhancement problems, though the picture was kinda soft.

Sound wise overall I thought was very good. Bass was deep and powerful when called for, the score was nicely recorded, and wrapped well into the surrounds. Lateral imaging was pretty good, front to back was also good.

I happen to like the action/adventure type of movie, so I am forgiving of things that are important to others. Some people will find this movie is trash, others like me will FIND something to like about it. Grab some popcorn and water(don't drink that soda crap!!) and enjoy this B flick!!

KRiTiKaL
10-01-2004, 04:37 PM
I liked it too. I was expecting the Indiana Jones theme a few times. But then again I think one of the Indiana movies was set at the same time period. I liked the sound the best overall but the horse was 2nd best. My girlfriend loves Viggo so I was a lil hesitant to watch it, but glad I did. I gave it 3 1/2 stars out of 5. Not the best, not by far the worst. RECOMMENDED!

GrendelZ
10-17-2004, 06:34 PM
I actually wanted to go see this at the the theater but never got to.I really enjoyed it on DVD.