And on a serious note... [Archive] - Audio & Video Forums

PDA

View Full Version : And on a serious note...

Resident Loser
10-01-2004, 05:38 AM
...longtime mainstay of NYC radio, Scott Muni, passed away...with a voice described as "the sound your driveway would make if it could talk" he had been on the NYC scene forever...considered the elder statesman of FM radio as we know it(albums, non-promoted album cuts and "b" sides), his historical perspective as eyewitness to RnR history will be missed...

Services are scheduled for Monday Oct. 4 at St. Patricks Cathedral on Fifth Ave. Apparently, all are invited and the family requests any memorials be made as donations to the T.J. Martell Foundation, of which "Scottso" was a longtime champion.

jimHJJ(...I remember fondly the heyday of WNEW-FM...Where Rock Lives...)

Geoffcin
10-02-2004, 12:36 PM
...longtime mainstay of NYC radio, Scott Muni, passed away...with a voice described as "the sound your driveway would make if it could talk" he had been on the NYC scene forever...considered the elder statesman of FM radio as we know it(albums, non-promoted album cuts and "b" sides), his historical perspective as eyewitness to RnR history will be missed...

Services are scheduled for Monday Oct. 4 at St. Patricks Cathedral on Fifth Ave. Apparently, all are invited and the family requests any memorials be made as donations to the T.J. Martell Foundation, of which "Scottso" was a longtime champion.

jimHJJ(...I remember fondly the heyday of WNEW-FM...Where Rock Lives...)

Yes, I read this too. I spent a lot of my formative years listening to Scottso, and so did much of NY. he will be missed by many.